2 questions re: phone & service

2 questions re: phone & service

Postby Sunkist » Thu May 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Online chat doesn't seem to be available so I hope it's ok to post 2 questions here:

Today was the second time I've had a problem with a Tracfone I bought recently, and only recall the problem once before with a different phone. I tried to make a call, and it said 'radio off' or something like that. Texts wouldn't send, either. If it's relevant, almost all the calls and texts I make are from the same location (home).
When this occurred a couple of weeks ago, Google (via desktop PC) said to 'reboot' phone, and that seemed to work this time, too- turned phone off and then back on.
The problem is not knowing how long the phone has been off, and if anyone's tried to contact me.
So the question is, is this a common thing, and is there any way to prevent it?
(it's a Blu phone, recommended by a customer service rep at Tracfone, and I like it very much.)

Second, I have lifeline service through Safelink Wireless. They're impossible to get in touch with by phone, and email response was they'd get back to me around a month ago. I'm to recertify annually, and a Tracfone rep. said by June, but I haven't received anything in the mail and account page says I can't recertify without a bar code I'm supposed to get in the mail. I don't want to risk losing service, but don't know what to do.

Any info/advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sunkist

Re: 2 questions re: phone & service

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu May 27, 2021 6:38 pm

Hi Sunkist. I'm TracFone - Maria. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced with our phone and service. For us to address your concerns, we need to check your account first so we can provide a thorough explanation and concrete resolution. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.