Paid for data I didn't receive

Paid for data I didn't receive

Postby baseballdad » Wed May 12, 2021 11:32 am

I pay for 4 tracfones a month. Little tired having problems with simple transactions. My oldest son's tracfone didn't recieve the 3 gig data the last time I refilled his phone with the $30 monthly plan. He keeps texting balance to 611611 and on april 23 he had 5.07Gig Data
April 25 4.44 gig
april 30 3.61 gig

I purchased the $30/3gig monthly plan on april 28.
IT NEVER SHOWED UP. That's fraud

There's no way he used the data between the 25th and 30th because he was at his home on wifi studying and taking college finals. Not spending much time on his phone.

Today he texted me saying he doesn't have any data, or it doesn't work. I check his balance on my desktop computer and it says he has 0 data for his unlimited monthly plan and 1020.74 MB DATA REMAINING for monthly plan. Yet... he can't use it.

I've been using tracfone for years. Getting tired of spend time dealing with getting or maintaining the balance I PAYED FOR.
baseballdad

Re: Paid for data I didn't receive

Postby baseballdad » Wed May 12, 2021 12:10 pm

Pretty sad looking at the threads in this forum. How long it takes tracfone to reply is really poor customer service. Then they tell you to text "HELP" to 611611

IT NEVER SHOWED UP. That's fraud
baseballdad

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed May 12, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi baseballdad. I'm TracFone - Maria. Please accept our utmost apologies for the negative experience that you've gone through with our service. We're saddened to hear that you did not receive the minutes you purchased. We value your business, and would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible. Give us a chance to make things right. To further assist, kindly check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby baseballdad » Wed May 12, 2021 4:25 pm

I've spent too much time on the 1800 #. Still no solution. I don't believe that the solution to the problem is for my kid to take time out of his work day and punch a bunch of numbers into his phone. I THINK THE PROBLEM AND SOLUTION IS ON TRACFONE'S SIDE. My other son has the EXACT SAME PHONE and does not have this problem. Currently. I would guess YOU can fix this in 30 seconds or less by just typing on YOUR keyboard and clicking your mouse a few times. It seems that trackfone's standard customer response is to frustrate the customer and waste a bunch of their time and NOT fix the problem. Hoping the customer will just let it go.

Fix it!

IT NEVER SHOWED UP. That's fraud.

Kind of telling that the private messages to me about this NEVER asked for the phone#. As they have little interest in actually fixing the problem.
baseballdad

Postby baseballdad » Wed May 12, 2021 5:13 pm

As I posted on your facebook page. One of my phones expires tomorrow. Should I be shopping elsewhere?

I've already called the 1800 # and will never get that wasted time back. Kid texted Help to 611611 and no solution just automated crap responses. somebody at tracfone needs to private message for the phone # and THEY can call the 1800 # and fix it.
baseballdad

Postby Motogalaxy » Wed May 12, 2021 7:30 pm

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

I've never had any resolution from "support" agents either, not by 1-800 phone or web chat who all parrot the same useless script. Sorry to hear they scammed you too with lost data. They stole from me during a phone device upgrade and wiped out my balance with no fix.

Let's hope the government cracks down on this abuse. That's the problem with prepaid - after they have your money, they have no incentive to follow through providing the service/product. And they don't provide account statements or receipts like any other service provider, so there is no paper trail evidence to prosecute.
Motogalaxy

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu May 13, 2021 11:08 am

Hi Motogalaxy. This is TracFone - Maria. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced with our customer service. This is never the way we want you or any of our customers to feel. Allow us to have the opportunity to assist you and ensure to provide you with a concrete resolution. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby Lenalouise » Wed May 19, 2021 8:56 am

I bought a 25$ phone card I went to activate it said pending now it's saying the card I put in was already claimed I why isn't my phone refilling
Lenalouise

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu May 20, 2021 6:11 pm

Hi Lenalouise. I'm TracFone - Maria. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. Allow us to further check your account so we can make things right. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.