Phone didn't hang up

Phone didn't hang up

Postby rainman1z » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:46 pm

My Alcatel phone was used for a one minute call this AM, but didn't hang up/turn off when completed, battery tan out after over 7 hours.
This happened once before, but with help from the nice people at Tracfone we were able to set things right

How do I go about resetting? Phone number: (***) 305-****;
Model: A405DL
TF PN: GPALA405DCGB

Michael West
rainman1z

Re: Phone didn't hang up

Postby rainman1z » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Update to my previous post: Issue resolved by repeating cycles of 1) charging, 2) removing and 3) replacing battery.

I was concerned at first because I saw the call length indicator continuing to click off minutes of time, and I was unable to terminate; thought my pre-paid time was 'bleeding out' and I was unable to stop it!

Plugging into charger when I got home seemed initially to have no effect. Could not get phone screens to light up even after leaving plugged in overnight.

Took phone in to work, removed battery, waited an hour, put battery back in. This time, phone re-booted to original start-up screen now seems to be fully functional. No loss of memory; no loss of pre-paid minutes.

Hope this helps someone else ...
rainman1z

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.