No Internet Connection with New Phone

No Internet Connection with New Phone

Postby jereece » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:23 pm

I am a long time Tracfone user. I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy A51 and transferred my account to the new phone. When I am not on Wi-Fi, I have "no internet connection", however I can make phone calls and I can send and receive text messages. I went into my phone Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks and verified Data Roaming was turned on. The Access Point Name is "Tracfone", Network Operators appears to be "Select Automatically". Under Data Usage, "Mobile Data" is turned on. I called the Tracfone number and the system said it found and fixed a problem. However, after 10 minutes and rebooting my phone twice, I still have the problem. So I called Tracfone back and have now been disconnected 4 times. So I am not going through that again.

One other weird thing. When I turn on Wi-Fi and go into the Tracfone app, it says I have unlimited minutes and unlimited texts, but it lists a number for my data. I do not have unlimited minutes or texts. There has always been a number there. I am unsure if that's part of the problem or not, but I need Tracfone to display how many minutes and texts I have remaining.

Please help fix this problem.
jereece

Re: No Internet Connection with New Phone

Postby jereece » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:33 pm

As a follow-up, I just logged into my Tracfone account (using Wi-Fi), and it says my account is "INACTIVE". Why is my account inactive? And, how can my account be inactive, yet I can make phone calls plus send and receive text messages, but I just can't access the internet when I am not on Wi-Fi?
jereece

Postby jereece » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:01 pm

While waiting for you, I just rebooted my phone again (3rd time), and now the Tracfone app says I have zero minutes, zero data and zero texts. So I don't know what you are doing, but please put my minutes, text and data back on my account.
jereece

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:41 pm

Hi jereece. I'm TracFone - Maria. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced with our app. This is never the way we want you or any of our customers to feel. Allow us to have the opportunity to assist you and ensure to provide you with a concrete resolution. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.