Upgrade New Apple iPhone

Upgrade New Apple iPhone

Postby Ron_C » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:14 pm

Hello, looking for some advice. Longtime Tracfone user very pleased.

I have a BYOP unlocked iPhone 8 with Tracfone and an AT&T SIM card.

I would like to upgrade my iPhone to a newer model. My question is do I need a new SIM card or, can I use the SIM card in my old iPhone. I want to keep my phone number and my Tracfone plan, I just need to transfer to a new phone.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You !
Ron_C

Re: Upgrade New Apple iPhone

Postby Jude » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi Ron_C. My name is TracFone Jude. You can transfer your active phone number and benefits to a branded TracFone Apple device or compatible bring your own phone. If your new iPhone is an unlocked GSM (operating 850 and 1900 MHz bands) or AT&T compatible phone, you can just insert your current AT&T BYOP SIM card to it as long as it fits to the SIM slot. If it wll not fit or your iPhone is a CDMA compatible, you will need to purchase a new BYOP SIM Kit. For CDMA phones, we will need the serial number to check its compatibility. For branded TracFone phones, there's no need to purchase a BYOP SIM Kit. We will immediately proceed transferring your service to the new phone. To transfer your service, you can visit our website at https://www.tracfone.com/switchnumber/instruction or text the word TRANSFER to 611611.
Jude

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.