my Outgoing Caller ID is wrong; please help

my Outgoing Caller ID is wrong; please help

Postby robbyj » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:05 pm

I have been having issues with my caller id the last 2 years and called Tracfone for help but they told me to update my contact name and info and i did -- but that did not work. I called back and they said they would fix it, but several weeks have passed and i am still having the same issue. Please help me fix this so another person's name does not show up for my Tracfone number.
robbyj

Re: my Outgoing Caller ID is wrong; please help

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Hi robbyj. I'm TracFone - Maria. We're sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Caller ID. Let's look further into this matter and work to get this resolved. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby robbyj » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:06 am

I spent over an hour on chat and then on the phone with Tracfone and was told it should be fixed after 24 hours, but it is still incorrect now 24 + hours later...
The first ticket number I was given was 1220941762, and then the second ticket number I was given is 1220943079

I called once about this several months ago too and was told it would be fixed. AT&T says Tracfone is the party that has to get the name changed and correct. If you are unable to get my name on there, please at least take the wrong persons name off! Thank you
robbyj

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:49 pm

Hi robbyj. I'm TracFone - Maria. We read your post and we sincerely apologize that you are having problems with your Caller ID. It is never our goal to let you experience such troubles. We would like to further review your account so we can provide a thorough explanation and concrete resolution for this issue. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby robbyj » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:30 pm

Hi Maria, as i said though i have tried several times now tio get this resolved by chat or calls, and each time the reps seem ill-equipped to resolve the issue. Could you please give me a contact at Tracfone that is knowledgeable about caller ids and how to fix an issue where a number ported over from AT&T long ago still is associating an incorrect first and last name with my number? I have lost 3 hours of my life calling and chatting -- not to mention all the Tracfone minutes that burns --and this still isn't resolved. Please help and provide someone with expertise or juust get the incorrect outgoing caller id name taken off of my number. Thank you
robbyj

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Hi robbyj . This is TracFone - Maria. We understand your concern. I've sent you a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.