BYOP questions

BYOP questions

Postby Whiznot » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:24 pm

Hello, I'm using an LG L33L Tracfone smartphone with an AT&T sim card. Today I ordered a Google Pixel 3a to upgrade my smartphone. I intend to transfer my Tracfone service from the old to the new phone. When the pixel arrives, can I use transfer sim card that was in the old LG phone or will I need to buy another AT&T sim card?
Whiznot

Re: BYOP questions

Postby Jude » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi Whiznot. My name is TracFone. You will need to purchase a Bring Your Own Phone activation kit so we can transfer the service and phone number to the new phone. We recommend you visit our website using this link https://www.tracfone.com/keep-your-own-phone for more details. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby Atrus » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:56 pm

Hello,
I purchased a phone from apple about a year ago for my daughter, it's an iPhone 6. We recently tried to switch to a more affordable family plan and are having trouble activating our new plan on her phone. The new service provider informed us that her phone is currently locked under tracfone, which is strange because we never used your service, nor was it under tracfone when we bought it. I've spent hours on the phone with your unlocking department only to be hung up on repeatedly, and yelled at by a supposed supervisor, who said i was an idiot for buying that phone, and nothing could be done....what? How can we unlock this phone to use with a service carrier without signing up for tracfone services that weren't tied to this phone when we bought it. After being horribly mistreated by your customer services all day, I wouldn't switch to your service if you paid me to use it. How can we rectify this situation, where there is an option other than buying a new phone or using tracfone services for a year.
Atrus

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:45 pm

Hi Atrus. This is TracFone - Maria. Our sincere apologies for the bad experience that you have gone through with our service. Please know that this is never the experience we want you to have. For us to address your concern, we need to check your account first. To further assist, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.