Won't let me buy an airtime plan

Won't let me buy an airtime plan

Postby bonitakale » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:32 pm

I've been using Tracfone for years, and never had trouble till now. I want to add a year's service ($125. minus a discount for auto-refill). I tried online and it would not let me. At all. Yesterday it told me to wait and try later; today it circles and does nothing.

So I tried the "help" by phone, and only got robots. Finally took a chance on one of the options given (there were only 9) and wound up spending about $50 for something I didn't want--no minutes included.

The website says you can "chat," but you have to join facebook or something, and I really, really don't want to do that. Anyway, what they call "chat" on the phone is not with a person, only a robot.

It should not be so much trouble to pay someone and buy something.

The phone is a Samsung that my son bought in his campaign to drag me into the 21st century. I can't think how his buying it could have made it not work this way. Besides, I did once add a small amount of airtime online, and that worked fine.

Sheesh.
bonitakale

Re: Won't let me buy an airtime plan

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:32 am

Hi bonitakale. I'm TracFone - Maria. We read your post and we sincerely apologize that you are having a problem trying to buy an airtime plan. Please know that this is never the experience we want you to have. Let's look further into this matter and work to get this resolved. Kindly check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.