After upgrading phone texts disappeared and auto refill canx

After upgrading phone texts disappeared and auto refill canx

Postby joemc911 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:13 pm

I upgraded my phone recently. I have had a 60 day smart phone plan auto-renewing for quite some time and have been a satisfied customer for at least 5 years.
After I went through the online chat to do the upgrade everything worked. Then, a few days later, I got billed for my auto-renewal and then got notification of my auto-renewal being cancelled. My account reflected the new date but my texts were now gone. I had thousands of texts built up, more than I can remember, but I settled on 6000 being a close enough and reasonable number since I have never used up all my texts or minutes.
I contacted support multiple times. I spent countless hours in chat and on the phone. At least 3 times I was on the phone and was told I was being transferred to have my issue elevated and handled at a higher level. EVERY time I was transferred I was either disconnected after a waiting period or immediately disconnected. I NEVER got support from a higher level.
Multiple times I have been told they were fixing the issue and loading 6000 texts to my account. I am able to text and get texts but I have a balance of 0 (ZERO) texts. I've had them tell me as long as it works it doesn't matter that I can't see the texts total. Honestly, I agree, that if it works that's fine but how do I know if it's still working? You can look at my account balance and see that I have over 11,000 minutes built up. I use more texts but clearly I don't use my monthly balance and I keep my account active up to date.
It is clear to me that whoever did my phone upgrade made a mistake, maybe multiple mistakes, that resulted in this problem. Now I don't even see payment records of when my account was charged. I have tried time and time again and I get support personnel that are honestly doing the best they know how but it has not been corrected. I don't think I want to re-establish auto-renewal if I can't see my balances and don't know if any of the failures of recent service records will be any different.
I've been a long time customer and have been very happy until now. This is making me feel as though I have to make a change. If I billed Tracfone for my hours wasted while being told it was being corrected and even at times that this is just how the system works because they either didn't want to try any more or didn't know what to do.
Please put me in contact with someone who can correct my issues or I will have to take my business elsewhere. I depend on my phone for work and texts especially are necessary. I cannot afford to not know if the system is working or not and just hoping all is okay. I shouldn't have to send myself a text daily to see if my texts are working.
Thank you.
joemc911

Re: After upgrading phone texts disappeared and auto refill

Postby Jude » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:44 am

Hi joemc911. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Re: After upgrading phone texts disappeared and auto refill

Postby joemc911 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:01 pm

Hi Jude and thank you for your reply. I will try again but I am sure I made it quite clear that I have spent many many hours already trying to get help. I feel I have wasted all that time. I called multiple times and was transferred to an escalation level and was disconnected EVERY time. I never got help. I have chatted for hours! I believe they are trying to help but it has always resulted in nothing being corrected. This is why I turned to this forum hoping I could get some actual help. I have been told 6000 texts would be posted to my account. I have been told it may take a while for it to show up. I have waited more than 24 hours and been told the same thing over again. I have been told this is just how it works. When you have a smart phone plan you can't check your balance in the my tracfone app. I know this was a lie because I have always checked on my balance from the app and it wasn't until this last transaction that your representative clearly made a mistake and there is a more serious underlying problem that someone should be able to figure out causing my texts balance to not display.
I'm past the point of frustrated and feel like Tracfone is treating me like "just one customer with a problem" and doesn't really care if it gets corrected. Maybe I'm mistaken but getting disconnected every time I was told I would be connected to a higher level tech and refusing to provide me a number prior to transferring because I said I had been disconnected before. As I mentioned, if this isn't fixed soon I will have to seek alternate means for my phone service.
joemc911

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.