Candybar phone 4G options?

Candybar phone 4G options?

Postby smokeymcpot1337 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:17 am

Good day, I am running out of time to pick a new phone due to 3G coming to a end on December 31, 2020. I still run the Samsung SGH-S150G(GP) It has been a pretty decent phone, I paid 10$ for it and have been buying yearly cards and it has been in service for almost 9 years now at a average of 6 dollars per month service when buying 2 years at a time. I use very few minutes.

I found some similar phones that are small candybar style that are ruggedized ones. The caterpillar B35 rugged phone is also a smart phone kind of and it runs KaiOS. It looks like a phone that would last a decade. Is it possible this phone could work on tracphone with the same service plan I have been using and just transfer my number?

I hate touch screens and bulky phones that eat up my pocket. What options do I have to continue using a candybar style dumbphone similar to the one i have(non-flip as I also hate flip phones) with tracfone after 2020 3g deadline?

Ones I had been considering
#1: Caterpillar B35 (good size, not as much a fan of the keys with space between them where dirt could collect but does have google maps should I ever need to use it)
#2: iOutdoor T1 (good size I like the web covered keyboard style that is similar to my samsung 150)
smokeymcpot1337

Re: Candybar phone 4G options?

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:16 am

Hi smokeymcpot1337. I'm TracFone Maria. WE understand your concern. For you to be able to check if the device is compatible with our service, you may visit our website at https://www.tracfone.com/activation/coveragecheck. For further assistance, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.