How to Prove Customer's Balance Information?

How to Prove Customer's Balance Information?

Postby Peter13 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:46 pm

I've read of many disputes customers have had with TracFone concerning the correctness of their Balance Information. That is, minutes and/or texts and/or data seem sometimes to disappear inexplicably.

When this happens there's been no way for TracFone or the customer to prove what is correct by, for example, looking at the previous day's Balance Information. Taking daily screen shots of one's Balance Information offers no proof because such a view included no date.

A situation like this with no means for either TracFone or a customer to confirm a previous day's Balance Information is, I think, intolerable, and the cause for needless loss of business for TracFone and bother for its customers otherwise pleased with TracFone's service.

That is, I'm in good faith trying to correct an unnecessary, bad situation.
Peter13
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 1:56 am

Re: How to Prove Customer's Balance Information?

Postby Jude » Fri May 15, 2020 6:57 pm

Hi Peter13. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: How to Prove Customer's Balance Information?

Postby Peter13 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:36 pm

Jude wrote:We apologize for the trouble this has caused you.

If you reread my post above you'll notice I never said I've been caused any trouble. However, it's possible to find online many people who have had trouble with loss of data from their accounts. For example, see: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_ph ... ilter=none

I am simply asking how any of your customers which includes me might prove how many minutes, texts and date they had on any given day.
Peter13
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 1:56 am

Re: How to Prove Customer's Balance Information?

Postby Jude » Sun May 17, 2020 2:59 pm

Hi Peter13. My name is Jude from TracFone Wireless. The best way is to check your account and verify the minutes by using the time and date you had the minutes and then the time they were lost. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: How to Prove Customer's Balance Information?

Postby Peter13 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:54 pm

Jude wrote:The best way is to check your account and verify the minutes using the time and date you had the minutes and then lost them.

If anyone logs in to his/her account at TracFone.com to view his/her Balance Information he/she will observe there's no date nor time on the page. Because there's no date nor time on the page, he/she is unable to use that page as PROOF to TracFone of what his/her Balance Information was on that day and time.
Peter13
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 1:56 am

Re: How to Prove Customer's Balance Information?

Postby Jude » Sun May 17, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi Peter13. My name is TracFone Jude. We should be able to check, verify and investigate on what happened to the minutes on the phone. We can also replace those lost minutes after we have investigated the account. Thank you.
Jude
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: How to Prove Customer's Balance Information?

Postby LindaCHU » Mon May 18, 2020 9:13 am

Take a screenshot of the "My Account Summary" from the Tracfone app.
It shows the phone number and balance summary with an "as of" date and time. :mrgreen:
LindaCHU
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:04 am

Re: How to Prove Customer's Balance Information?

Postby Peter13 » Mon May 18, 2020 4:00 pm

LindaCHU wrote:Take a screenshot of the "My Account Summary" from the Tracfone app.
It shows the phone number and balance summary with an "as of" date and time. :mrgreen:

Doing what you say, LindaCHU, I see the time as Eastern Daylight Time, but not the all important date. I do, however, see the Service End Date. Am I missing something?
Peter13
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 1:56 am

Re: How to Prove Customer's Balance Information?

Postby Jude » Mon May 18, 2020 4:02 pm

Hi Peter13. My name is TracFone Jude. We can help you with your My Account App. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: How to Prove Customer's Balance Information?

Postby LindaCHU » Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 am

Peter13 wrote:
LindaCHU wrote:Take a screenshot of the "My Account Summary" from the Tracfone app.
It shows the phone number and balance summary with an "as of" date and time. :mrgreen:

Doing what you say, LindaCHU, I see the time as Eastern Daylight Time, but not the all important date. I do, however, see the Service End Date. Am I missing something?


Are you using the latest TF Myaccount App?
For Android phones, it is R10.9.0 which was released 03/2020.
I don't know what it is for iPhones. :mrgreen:
LindaCHU
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:04 am

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests