airtime charged on missed calls and wifi calling

airtime charged on missed calls and wifi calling

Postby juliebin » Thu May 14, 2020 2:26 pm

I have airplane mode ON all the time, cellular off, wifi on.
I'm charged airtime on EVERY wifi calling (for the whole duration), and EVERY MISSED call (the incoming calls I did not answer/pick up. 1~3 minutes on each call).
Is it expected?
I got 7~8 spammer calls each day. Even though they are blocked by my phone (silent, no ring), they eat into my airtime!!
Did online chat with support, and was told the wifi calling and missed calls are free. Did "##21#" and reboot phone many times as the support told me, but none of them work.
juliebin

Re: airtime charged on missed calls and wifi calling

Postby Jude » Thu May 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi juliebin. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble you've experienced with our service. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby juliebin » Thu May 14, 2020 3:51 pm

Thanks, Judy!
I did online chat with the tech support, but the issue is not resolved. My airtime keeps dropping without any usage.
I come here to see whether anybody else has the similar issues, or might have solutions.

Has been chatted with 4~5 different tech supports, some of them are totally clueless. Is there any other routes I can get my issue resolved?
juliebin

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu May 14, 2020 4:11 pm

Hi juliebin. This is Marie from TracFone Maria. We're sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced with our service specially with your airtime. Yes, there is. Kindly check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby juliebin » Fri May 15, 2020 5:06 pm

Thanks, Maria.
I called the number 800-867-7183 several times. It was very hard to get a call not prematurely disconnected. But finally I was able to talk to a supervisor and was told that Tracfone charges every call to the number in service, even though
1. the call is not answered AND/OR
2. the call is through wifi

I wish I knew it before switching service to Tracfone.
juliebin

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon May 18, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi juliebin. This is TracFone Maria. We truly understand how you feel. Please accept our deepest apology for the inconvenience we have caused you. Also, thank you for bringing this information to our attention. Should you need assistance with your account, you may check your Forum inbox for a private message or text the keyword HELP to 611611.
TracFone - Maria

Postby juliebin » Wed May 20, 2020 10:24 am

Dear TracFone Maria, I thank you for your attention to my post.
I surely spent hours and hours online and on phone to chat with TracFone support through the links you provided (which is no different from what your website provides.).

The latest update is: TracFone gave me 100 minutes airtime as credit. Thanks.
But the issue is still here: I have my phone off (physically turned off) for the past 4 days (and it's still off). But my airtime is still dripping down. It indicates the calls missed or picked up by the voicemail are still counted, even though I did not check my voicemail box at all (either from my Tracfone or non-Tracfone numbers).

I'm a cellular user for decades. It's not right that missed calls, or calls going to voicemail are counted against airtime.

Would appreciate very much from the Tracfone experts here to understand what should be the right expectation on airtime deduction.

Would also appreciate very much to see whether anybody else is having the same issue.
juliebin

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri May 22, 2020 6:59 pm

Hi juliebin. I'm TracFone Maria. We understand where you're coming from. Please accept our deepest apology for the inconvenience you have experienced. It is never our intention to frustrate you with our service. Allow us to have another opportunity to assist you and ensure to provide you with a concrete resolution. Kindly check your Forum inbox for a private message.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.