Cannot access my Tracfone account online, PC or iOS app

Cannot access my Tracfone account online, PC or iOS app

Postby RandySea » Tue May 05, 2020 5:12 pm

I have been trying to access my Tracfone account for several weeks. All I get is a message "unable to connect to servers at this time." It is the same on my PC and on my iPhone.

I tried two different browsers on my PC. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the TFW app on my phone.

I should also note that there are two identical iPhones on my account, obviously with different phone numbers. On my wife's phone, the TFW app works fine. On both phones, calling and data are working fine.

Texting "balance" to 611611 gives me the info on minutes remaining, etc. I have plenty.

Why can't I access my account online? It was working fine until a few weeks ago, though maybe it was a couple of months since the last time I checked.
RandySea

Re: Cannot access my Tracfone account online, PC or iOS app

Postby RandySea » Tue May 05, 2020 6:10 pm

Solved.

I use a VPN for both PC and iPhone. For some reason, Tracfone doesn't respond to connections via a Seattle VPN server. By switching my VPN to a different city, I was able connect on both my iPhone and PC.
RandySea

Postby Mahgret » Wed May 06, 2020 10:14 am

I had great difficulty in getting tracfone minutes transferred from android RAZR to iphone 8 plus in Dec 2020. After many, many calls for technical assistance, I was finally able to connect with someone who fixed a very cobbled up situation, a conglomeration of many many misinterpretations. Bottom line:eventually my enormous quantity of minutes were transferred and service was established on my iphone8 plus, which has been performing perfectly ever since. However, when I go to my account, the IMEI # of my former android shows up as deactivated but still has an end date of this summer....the account I am currently now using with my iphone. I keep getting messages (on my phone) that unfortunately tracfone is unable to provide me with service since my phone is not compatible with the service. BUT I am being offered $40 off any phone purchase thru a listed number! I have let this go so long because I hate to rock the boat and have someone try to convince me I cannot use my phone with tracfone because I have been doing it for going on 5 months. Or worse yet, fool around with the account and lose my service. I would, however, like to check on my minute status and make sure they are are still available.
Mahgret

Postby wckell@hotmail.com » Thu May 07, 2020 10:11 am

I'm having the same problem. tried 4 devices, 4 browsers, and still nothing. i enter user name and password goes on clock and i get nothing, no error msg. nothing cust svc has reset my password 5 times and still nothing
wckell@hotmail.com

Postby Jude » Thu May 07, 2020 10:49 am

Hi wckell@hotmail.com. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble you've encountered in accessing your TracFone account. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby Jude » Thu May 07, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi Mahgret. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby kittybenzar » Wed May 13, 2020 10:48 am

Have been getting message Sorry Something Went Wrong Response Failure whenever I try to check My Account from my Android phone. Had several lengthy and frustrating chat sessions with Tracfone, no success. They said the problem was on their end but it never got fixed. Finally I figured out for myself that if I turn off my VPN it works. I should not have to do that, because using a VPN is a best practice for online hygiene. Tracfone should fix the app so that it is compatible with VPN users.
kittybenzar

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed May 13, 2020 11:28 am

Hi kittybenzar. I'm TracFone Maria. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with our My Account app. Please know that we are always working to improve it. We'd like speak with you again to evaluate your concern and straighten things out. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby kittybenzar » Mon May 18, 2020 11:46 am

There is a pattern on this forum, that Tracfone tries to take every problem offline so that their response is not visible to the larger community. Sorry "Tracfone Maria" but I have spent all the time I can afford chatting online with your people. I've identified the problem clearly - My Account app only works if I turn off my VPN. Either fix that or don't but I'm not interested in taking the discussion offline.
kittybenzar

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon May 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi kittybenzar. This is TracFone Maria. We understand where you're coming from. Please be informed that there are issues that needs to be taken offline specially when there is an account involved for security purposes. We answer general questions here on Forum publicly. Should you need assistance with your account, you may check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.