"Device Pulse" notification at startup - began about April28

"Device Pulse" notification at startup - began about April28

Postby tracqrss » Fri May 01, 2020 9:07 am

I shut down, recharge, and start my Android-based Tracfone device daily. I check for updates daily using wifi. Beginning about 4/28/2020, I see a notification icon (far upper left corner) of shape of a hand, and the dialog box associated with it says

Launch Device Pulse
Your vital device information at your...

As I did not choose to download this app or software, I swipe the banner away (and have done so daily since April 28.)

I do not see an application running called "Device Pulse", nor do I see this in the google play store configuration for this device.

Search for the text above points me to an (emerging?) application from Tracfone by the same name.

I do not wish any new app installed on my phone that I do not choose.

If this came from Tracfone, I wish it uninstalled. Otherwise, I wish to know how to uninstall it.

Please help (and please point me within tracfone forums where I can get help with this problem.)
tracqrss

Re: "Device Pulse" notification at startup - began about Apr

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri May 01, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi tracqrss. I'm TracFone Maria. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. Device Pulse is still a beta tester app. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby tracqrss » Sat May 02, 2020 11:54 am

5/2/2020:

Tracfone: I'm TracFone Maria. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. Device Pulse is still a beta tester app. For us to assist you with your concern, please contact us via chat

(open chat session):

Tracfone Chat: You can reset the phone to remove that.

Me: Reset will erase all my data. I need solution for removing only this function or feature, delivered by tracfone without my authorization.

Tracfone Chat: We did not send you anything.

Tracfone Chat: The only way to remove unwanted programs is to reset the device.

Me: Please escalate to supervisor.

###

WAIT FOR 1 HOUR DURING CHAT FOR SUPERVISOR, NO SUPRVISOR EVER APPEARED.

###

HEY TRACFONE 5/2/2020: - THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE TREATMENT OF YOUR CUSTOMER
tracqrss

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu May 07, 2020 3:34 pm

Hi racqrss. I'm TracFone Maria. We understand how you feel. Please accept our sincere apologies. This is never the way we want you or any of our customers to feel. Allow us to have another opportunity to assist you and ensure to provide you with a concrete resolution. Kindly check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.