Data disappeared and TracFone doesn't care

Data disappeared and TracFone doesn't care

Postby Hilo » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:14 pm

My wife and I have been TracFone customers for over a decade. We have never been big data consumers as I work from home and am nearly always on WiFi. When the new smartphone plans were released, I switch to buying the 60 day plans, my data always rolling over. I purchased a 1 Year card in November 2018, again my data rolling over. On 9/21/2019, I still had 14.9 GB of data. On November 25, 2019, I purchased another 1 Year card and had over 16 GB of data. On February 11, 2020 I checked my balance and my data said 9 MB. I have used 348 MB since November 1, 2019 - February 11, 2020. I used 2 MB more on the night of February 11 then shut off my mobile data with 7 MB remaining. I proceeded open a ticket with TracFone and was told they would call within 24 hours. On February 12, with my mobile data turned off, I watched my data balance go to 0. TracFone didn't call within 24 hours so I contacted them again. I finally received a callback, was put on hold for nearly the entire 40 minute phone call and was told to give them a land line number that they could call me back on and troubleshoot my phone. I gave them the land line number, they hung up and proceeded to not call me back. So, I called again. Explained the problem for the 3rd time only to be transferred again and tell it for a 4th time. This final support person proceeded to tell me that my data was reset when I purchased the November 25th 1 Year card, so I only had 1.5 GB. I explained that have had my data roll over every card purchase even for the 1 Year card in 2018. She denied that this was the case and said that I had used up all the data and said I would have to purchase more to use data again. Nor did she care that my data balance declined with my mobile data turned off. I had over $150 worth of data on my account and use on average 100 MB a month and I'm told "I used up all the data" with no helpful information or proof. My wife's account, which didn't have as much data (about 5 GB estimated) as she's been buy 1 year cards for longer, also has gone to 0. She uses less data than I do - maybe 25 MB a month. All we want is our data restored but apparently TracFone doesn't care so we will be taking our decade+ business elsewhere.
Hilo

Re: Data disappeared and TracFone doesn't care

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi Hilo. We truly understand how you feel and we truly do appreciate your loyalty throughout the years you've been with us. We are here to help and definitely don't want to lose you as a customer. If you give us another chance, we assure you we will do all the research necessary to get this issue resolved. To further assist, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby Hilo » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:36 am

I contacted customer service one last time via chat, using the link you provided. After explaining the situation for the 5th time, waiting for an extended period and repeated messages of "I am checking the account", I am presented with the amazing insight of "your balance is 0". It's as if your customer service representatives don't read or can't read what your customers say. I asked for them to send me a detailed data usage. I was told they can't do that, they don't have access to that information. They would have to schedule a callback. Due to my previous experience with TracFone's callback support, I said I had no interest in a callback. He insisted that he couldn't help me and a callback was the only way and the callback person would have the tools to look at the usage detail. After waiting another 30 minutes for the callback, explaining the situation for the 6th time, being on hold for 15 more minutes while they were "checking the account", I was again enlightened with "your balance is 0". I asked for a detailed data usage and was told they didn't have access to that but they could transfer me to another department that had that information. After another hold, explaining the situation for the 7th time, more hold while they were "checking the account","your balance is 0"... I asked for usage detail. She only could access usage from mid January through Feb 11, so I was put on hold again while she contacted yet another department to get more detail. Twenty minutes later, she had total data usage from Dec 1 - Feb 11 which totaled the exact same usage I had said back when I was still sane... 286 MB. She said since I purchased a 1 Year Card with 1.5GB at the end of November and only used 286 MB, she would credit my account with 1.5 GB. I asked about the other missing 14.9 GB and was told she has no way of knowing what my balance was. It took another 15 minutes of hold time for her to credit the 1.5 GB to my account which finally showed up on my balance as 1.46 GB. I spent well over 3 hours dealing with your nightmare support system only to be given back 1/10th of my data that was lost due to either a bug in your system or an attempt to generate revenue via intentional theft. Either way, we will be taking our business elsewhere.

TracFone - "We may not track much, but we do 'F' our customers"
Hilo

Postby featuretile » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:21 pm

Hilo, I feel your pain. Same happened to us and same run-around with no resolution, dropped help calls, 4th level escalations to different departments and hours lost. In response to this forum, all they do is send us a message to say to call or chat again, and that is useless.

Please all readers take note, Tracfone is stealing data and making it impossible to recover, and then making nice sounding replies to these posts.

Our post is under name of Featurtile, " Data Disappeard and all we get is run-around".
featuretile

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:46 pm

Hi Hilo. I'm TracFone Maria. It breaks our heart to see you feel this way. Please accept our sincere apology. We are very sorry to learn that your experience with our service was less than adequate. Please allow us another opportunity to mend our relationship back into good standing. For further assistance, please check Your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby Lopezjr0811 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:36 am

I'm having this same NIGHTMARE. I keep getting told different things. I couldnt use my SIM card that had unlimited texting n calls with 40 GBs of data left. My safelink got de enrolled, but from my understanding u can still use the SIM or services untill the plan is cancelled. I had 32 point something left, and they insisted I had minutes left as well which was true from the safelink account but after I purchased i thought that went away? Anyways my phone said NO SERVICE and I wasnt able to use. I was told it got refu ed, when it didnt, a new account got opened, it didnt, and that I never had services. I spent the first week getting no where, got my SIM deactivated when I never gave permission. And they activated my first sim card that wasnt "compatible" at one point. It takes about 1 to 2 hours to get ANYWHERE with them. I finally got to someone who "updated my information" and was told to turn my phone off for 15 mins and make sure airplane n bluetooth was off when I turned it back on. And my services will be restored and transferred. It never happened. I asked for a number or department to talk to just in case it didnt restore. He insisted it was going to work and was going to call back to make sure. Never happened. So here I am almost a week later and still no where. I gave both SIM card numbers and the date and time n last 4 numbers of the card I used to purchase and they are being careless. When I asked for a refund, they lady kept asking what services I wanted restored. I told her the plan I bought for 39.88 plus tax with 40 GB of data she insisted i was wrong and there wasnt a plan purchased for my account. I told her it's on the previous account sim through safelink and she still didnt know anything because my number n serial number was the only thing she could look up and didnt see anything. Not even previous notes marked on the account. I hung upfrustrated with the fact I wanted my money back for only having services for like 6 or 7 days, with s remaining 32 GB, and not being able to use it. I'm not going to purchase another plan just to get the plan I already paid for restored. I'm so annoyed and would like some real help with someone who knows what their doing and the self service 611-611 doesnt help for nothing.

I purchased a SIM top up card 2-01-2020 and had problems and walmart refunded.

I bought SAFELINK UNLIMITED TALK AND TEXT WITH 40 GB OF DATA (30 DAYS OF SERVICE) ON 02-07-2020 WHICH WILL END 03-07-2020 OR 03-08-2020
Lopezjr0811

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi Lopezjr0811. I'm TracFone Maria. Please accept our deepest apology for the inconvenience you have encountered with our service. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Kindly check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.