Added 730 days, phone stopped working

Added 730 days, phone stopped working

Postby PRR » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:55 pm

This afternoon I added 730 days new credit to a working Trakfone, and the phone has stopped working. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've done this before (every year or so). Normally the added credit comes in within minutes. After an hour, nothing. I asked for my Order Confirmation which told me to "Call *22890 from your phone". This brings up a message "A SIM card has activated your service and updated your phone's roaming capabilities." If I try to call a real phone number, there is a recording about roaming and something about a collect call (the recording is hard to make out); the real phone never rings.

Can we sort this out?
PRR

Re: Added 730 days, phone stopped working

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:11 pm

Hi PRR. I'm TracFone Maria. We're sorry to know that your phone stopped working. We can take a look into this and ensure that there's a resolution for you today. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby PRR » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:35 pm

I couldn't self-help by texting because (as I said) the phone would not send text.

You privately sent me a link to Chat. I tried it on my desktop PC. The web-based CHAT does NOT work in FireFox browser-- it never appears. I found it using Chrome browser.

The phone finally did update to 730 more days about 7 hours after it quit.

However today again it will not send texts, not even my texted reply to the Chat-invited Survey.
PRR

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:48 pm

Hi PRR. I'm TracFone Maria. We understand your concern. We sincerely apologize that you're having problems with your text messages. We would like to review your account so we can provide a concrete resolution for this issue. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thanks.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.