Android TCL Phone Screen Randomly Going White

Android TCL Phone Screen Randomly Going White

Postby DarlingNikki1975 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:31 pm

I have an Android TCL phone that is about four weeks old now. It is my first touchscreen smartphone and I was excited about having a phone similar to everyone else (I did like my old flip phone, but texting with it was a nightmare). About two weeks ago my phone started to randomly get a white screen over the regular screen almost like a contrast effect. It hasn't been damaged, dropped or had anything liquid near it. I thought it was 'dead' but then the usual home screen came back just as randomly and it was fine. Now, that white screen is happening every day, lasting anywhere from thirty minutes to nearly all day. I have pulled the battery out and put it back in, I've forced it to shut off several times and powered back up, but the problem keeps happening. I've noticed that when the screen is about to go white, it will go black very quickly (I have it set to go thirty minutes before going to sleep) and when I wake it up by using the button on the right-hand side, the screen is white. It's seriously frustrating because this is an otherwise good phone. Someone said I need to do a factory reset, but I don't want to lose the pictures that I've taken with it. I would really appreciate some resolution to this.
DarlingNikki1975

Re: Android TCL Phone Screen Randomly Going White

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi DarlingNikki1975. We're sorry to hear that you are having problems with your phone. Allow us to further check on it so we can help you resolve the issue. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.