Need to transfer number, minutes and texts to new phone

Need to transfer number, minutes and texts to new phone

Postby Lala613 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:39 pm

Had to purchase new phone due to mine being incompatible with your updated network. I would like to transfer number, minutes and texts from old phone to new phone. I haven't activated phone yet
Lala613

Re: Need to transfer number, minutes and texts to new phone

Postby Jude » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:06 pm

Hi Lala613. My name is TracFone Jude. We can definitely help you in transferring your service and phone number to the new phone. To further assist you in the transfer process, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby rainman1z » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:33 pm

I transferred existing TracFone account to newly purchased phone, and lost access to units display.
New phone does NOT display purchased units balance/expiration date as old phone did, at power on and continuously.
I want to regain that lost feature; it is very important to me. I can Not find any other access to gain that information. I can not (and do not want to) use my phone to access internet for units balance. I just want the same information in the same manner I had it before I was forced to transfer to newer technology.
Transfer between phones as described below was made on Friday 31 Jan 2020, around 6PM MST.
I have NOT been able to enter user data into the screen provided to access account info.

Please advise how/when units and expiration date can be displayed on new phone as above.
rainman1z

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Hi rainman1z. I'm TracFone Maria. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. If you have an android phone or an iPhone, the minutes will not display on your phone. You may download our TracFone My Account App to check your minutes and service end date. For further assistance, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can also text BALANCE to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby whitebeltblatz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:56 pm

I'm having the same issue as the original poster. I recently upgraded to an LG K8 (2018) this week and followed the instructions to transfer my phone number and minutes to my new phone. This seems to be a common problem. Is there something missing from the provided instructions? I don't know what to do now and I don't want to make a phone call to get this simple problem sorted out.
whitebeltblatz

Postby whitebeltblatz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:05 pm

I'm having the same issue as the original poster. I recently upgraded to an LG K8 (2018) this week and followed the instructions to transfer my phone number and minutes to my new phone. This seems to be a common problem. Is there something missing from the provided instructions? I don't know what to do now and I don't want to make a phone call to get this simple problem sorted out.
whitebeltblatz

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi whitebeltblatz. I'm TracFone Maria. We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. For us to assist you with your concern, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.