VoLTE with iPhone SE not working on Verizon

Re: VoLTE with iPhone SE not working on Verizon

Postby Eldia03 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:44 pm

GillelanIan wrote:I spent over 2 hours on a call with Tracfone today, and that was after four previous calls today when I was told I would be transferred to tech support, and was promptly disconnected. At the end of that last call, and after downloading a new Tracfone/Verizone (TFW/VZW) profile onto my iPhone SE, and then getting transferred to Tracfone's Carrier Billing Department, the person there insisted that the iPhone SE (1st Gen) does not support VoLTE. After going back and forth listening to her repeat this same thing over and over (as if the problem was that I just wasn't listening), she refused to open a ticket to investigate this issue. However, she did agree to conference in Apple product support, and she said if Apple confirmed my claim the iPhone SE is VoLTE capable, she would open an investigation ticket. I agreed, and she asked me to hold while she conference in Apple, and then I was disconnected - just as happened with my first four calls earlier today.

Well, here is the link to Apple's confirmation that the 1st Gen SE does, in fact, support VoLTE.
https://support.apple.com/kb/SP738?view ... cale=en_US

This apple webpage is for the iPhone SE (1st Gen) states "Data plan required. LTE, VoLTE, and Wi-Fi calling are available in select markets and through select carriers. Speeds are based on theoretical throughput and vary based on site conditions and carrier. For details on LTE support, contact your carrier and see http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE"

This link confirms that Verizon support VoLTE on the 1st Gen iPhone SE. Note: the iPhone SE (1st Gen) was released AFTER the iPhone 6. All iPhone 6 and iPhone SE models are VoLTE capable - EXCEPT, apparently, on Tracfone.

And https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203078 This is the quote from that link: "You can make high-quality phone calls with VoLTE on an iPhone 6 or later."

Here, Verizon confirms that they support VoLTE on the iPhone SE:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support ... se-206700/

In previous weeks, I placed over five calls to Tracfone to request assistance in enabling VoLTE on my iPhone SE, and on one of the calls, I was told I needed to purchase a new TFW VZW SIM. I did purchase a new SIM card from Tracfone, installed it, activated it, and still could not enable VoLTE even after one more call to Tracfone customer support.

Tracfone service is the lowest cost service around, but it certainly appears that you only get what you for - in other words, cheap service = horrible customer support, horrible technical support, and an inability to provide VoLTE via Verizon on a phone that is clearly VoLTE capable as confirmed by both Apple and Verizon.

I read RandySea's post from Feb. 2, 2020 on this same topic, and I did follow his guidance and spoke with someone in Tracfone's CBD, and I am sorry to report that it was all a very large wastetransfers reims of a lot of my time. She insisted that the iPhone SE is not VoLTE capable, and that there was no way she could make any parameter changes in Tracfone or Verizon systems that would enable VoLTE on my iPhone SE.

If there is a solution available to get VoLTE to work with TFW/VZW on my iPhone SE, please let me know. My annual contract with Tracfone expires in a couple weeks. If there is no resolution to this problem, I will rewards Tracfone by changing to another carrier for my phone and my wife's phone.

Thank you.

Thank you very much for sharing
Eldia03

Postby GillelanIan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:28 pm

I never received any reply to my post, above, from anyone at Tracfone. So after I spent hours on the phone with multiple customer support and technical support employees (all of them were script readers, and as soon as I asked a question that wasn't on their script, they had to put me on hold forever while they waited for a manager to try to find an answer to my question), as well as someone in Tracfone's Carrier Billing Services (who repeated herself at least eight times as if the problem was that I just wasn't listening to her), and then posting about it here on Tracfone's forum, no one at Tracfone was ever able to tell me why my iPhone SE on Verizon through Tracfone would not, and could, not turn on VoLTE. So today I switched my phone to Xfinity Mobile on Verizon. As soon as the phone was activated, it came up with VoLTE turned on. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Tracfone is the cheapest mobile service, but it is true that you only get what you pay for (including voice messages that were routinely delivered two days late).

HEY TRACFONE! YOU JUST LOST ANOTHER CUSTOMER DUE TO YOUR GROSS INCOMPETENCE, AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! BU-BYEEEEE!
GillelanIan

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:39 am

Hi GillelanIan. I'm TracFone - Maria. We are saddened to hear that you made a switch. Our sincere apologies for the bad experience that you have gone through with our service. We are still looking forward in doing business with you in the near future. Should you need assistance in the future, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Previous

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.