Choosing a Trafone Phone

Choosing a Trafone Phone

Postby eager learning » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:15 pm

I've been happy with my Tracfone LG Rebel 3 158VL and the LG tech support.

But, if I renew for another 12 months they want #116.

I see adds on QVC and HSN for $59-$89 Tracfones of LG, Samsung and Motorola.

I'd get the same 1,500 minutes ( I still have re: 1,200 minutes I could carry over).

What would I gain with a newer LG, Samsung or Motorola phone?

I've got 2 GB RAM and 16 GB storage and I;m nit using anywhere near that amount.

I've heard Samsung has bad tech support.

I'd like built in Time Lapse Video (not a app) and Voice Commands to dial a phone # and answer calls not Google Voice.

Would it be advisable to to buy a newer phone with HSN or QVC? Especially if it comes at a lower price than just re-signing with Tracfone with the same phone for more money? Am I missing something?

Thank you!
eager learning

Re: Choosing a Trafone Phone

Postby ttt » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:24 am

I've purchased some phones on HSN. No problems activating them, but sometimes have problem with transferring minutes from old phone to new phone, but eventually able to get minutes transferred after checking "over and over again" with TracFone support. So beware of that problem. It's usually cheaper to buy from HSN or QVC than buy time and minutes from TracFone or suppliers for your older phone; since HSN or QVC "with new phone + yearly plan with minutes, data & text" is much better deal. Just do your research to get the "best" phone that suites your needs.
ttt

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi ttt. I'm TracFone Maria. We understand your concern. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please know that we are continually working on improving and expanding our services. Should you need assistance in the future, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby LindaCHU » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:52 pm

Since you have a TF branded phone, you are eligible for the $49.99 365 days only addon. :mrgreen:
LindaCHU

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.