New User Requests Advice

New User Requests Advice

Postby Tanny » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:13 am

Greetings all,

FYI, I am an extremely novice cell phone user, just so you know.

I had a Tracfone for a year and when the year ran out (about six months ago) I didn't renew. I logged in to my Tracfone web account to try to renew recently, but it appears my phone number is now dead, which makes the web account useless, as I can't do anything without a phone number.

I'm hoping to learn how to:

1) Replace the Android phone with a far simpler flip phone (the fewer features the better)

2) Connect the new flip phone to the Tracfone service, probably another year to get the lowest rate.

Thanks for any advice!
Tanny

Re: New User Requests Advice

Postby TracFone - Larry » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi Tanny. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be happy to help you with your concern. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby LindaCHU » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:08 pm

If your phone is eligible and on Verizon, you may be able to reactivate it.
You may or may not get a new phone number as Tracfone can claim them on inactive accounts.

:mrgreen:

Tracfone sells on their site an ALCATEL MYFLIP™ (A405DL) and a DORO (D7050TL).
LindaCHU

Postby Tanny » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:34 pm

TracFone - Larry wrote:Hi Tanny. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll be happy to help you with your concern. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.

Hi TracFone Larry, thanks for your reply.

FYI, I saw the online chat option on the website. I tried it. They want me to sit in front of the screen watching the empty chatbox for 30-40 minutes waiting for a representative to become available. Not going to happen.

You know the drill, it happens everywhere. "Your call is very important to us, which is why we didn't hire enough agents to answer it."

That's why I came to this forum. If someone from Tracfone wishes to engage me and keep my business, I'm here, for awhile at least.
Tanny

Postby Tanny » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:01 pm

LindaCHU wrote:If your phone is eligible and on Verizon, you may be able to reactivate it. You may or may not get a new phone number as Tracfone can claim them on inactive accounts.

Hi Linda, if it helps I don't care about keeping the old number.

LindaCHU wrote:Tracfone sells on their site an ALCATEL MYFLIP™ (A405DL) and a DORO (D7050TL).

As it happens, I've been researching those phones today. Thanks for the relevant suggestion.
Tanny

Postby Tanny » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:06 am

So my Tracfone went out of service on 10/24/2018.

I go to the Tracfone website and it gives me an option to reactivate my phone. It asks me to choose whether I want to keep my phone number, or not.

If I choose YES it says, "The SIM card with the information you provided currently has an invalid status."

If I choose NO it asks me to enter my zip code, and once I do it says, "The SIM card information you provided is invalid. Please review the information and try again."

End of the line. No more options. No explanation of what to do next. Nothing.
Tanny

Postby TracFone - Larry » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:09 am

Hi Tanny. I'm TracFone Larry. I apologize for the trouble. We'll be delighted to help you in reactivating your phone. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby Tanny » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:13 am

Tracfone Larry,

If you are unable or unwilling to provide assistance on the Tracphone forum, why are you here? Instead of continually sending me off to somewhere else, why not stop with the copy/paste messages and "be delighted to assist me" where I already am?

Or, never mind, just ignore me and I'll go away. That's probably the best plan.
Tanny

Postby TracFone - Larry » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:21 am

Hi Tanny. I'm TracFone Larry. I apologize for the inconvenience. The SIM card is Invalid and it needs to be replaced. It's been a while since the phone got deactivated and the SIM card may no longer be valid for reactivation. For proper troubleshooting, we need the phone serial number and SIM card number. We cannot discuss this on forum wall for security reasons. Channels to contact technical support was previously sent to you for your convenience.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.