TracFone or BYOP?

TracFone or BYOP?

Postby twow » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:00 pm

Two months ago, I purchased a new TracFone-branded iPhone. One of the features I like about TracFone-branded phones is that when a person purchases airtime, there is an option to add 365 additional service days for $49.99. I was previously unable to make the addition on my BYOP that I had been using. However, I liked the Android better than I like the iPhone.

My wife--who loves her iPhone and uses a different service--is considering transferring to TracFone. What I would like to know is this. If I would give my iPhone to my wife to be used on TracFone and she would transfer her service to TracFone, would the phone still be considered a TracFone-branded phone or would it then be considered a BYOP? The phone is still locked to TracFone for 10 more months.
twow

Re: TracFone or BYOP?

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:33 am

Hi twow. I'm TracFone Larry. Thank you for using TracFone as your service provider. The iPhone that you wish to give to your wife is a TracFone branded phone. She will be on a TracFone branded iPhone if she will port her number over to it. If you have further questions or concerns, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.