TracFone or BYOP?

TracFone or BYOP?

Postby twow » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:00 pm

Two months ago, I purchased a new TracFone-branded iPhone. One of the features I like about TracFone-branded phones is that when a person purchases airtime, there is an option to add 365 additional service days for $49.99. I was previously unable to make the addition on my BYOP that I had been using. However, I liked the Android better than I like the iPhone.

My wife--who loves her iPhone and uses a different service--is considering transferring to TracFone. What I would like to know is this. If I would give my iPhone to my wife to be used on TracFone and she would transfer her service to TracFone, would the phone still be considered a TracFone-branded phone or would it then be considered a BYOP? The phone is still locked to TracFone for 10 more months.
twow

Re: TracFone or BYOP?

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:33 am

Hi twow. I'm TracFone Larry. Thank you for using TracFone as your service provider. The iPhone that you wish to give to your wife is a TracFone branded phone. She will be on a TracFone branded iPhone if she will port her number over to it. If you have further questions or concerns, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby RedTennies » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:16 am

I have a similar question...We have been with Tracfone for several years and purchased several Tracfones We had a Galaxy Sky J7 that we were having trouble keeping a charge. We purchased a Moto but after a couple of months and many complaints from my husband, I bought a Galaxy Sky Crown.
My husband has an acquaintance who does not have a mobile phone. I called Tracfone to have the phone unlocked to give to him but because we had not used it in the last 60 days it cannot be unlocked.
If this friend wants to try Tracfone on his own account can we give him the phone?
I did a hard reset to wipe the phone but my husband's Goggle account is still associated with the phone.
I hoped the friend could just make a Tracfone account and use the Tracfone we no longer need.
How can I get a locked Tracfone off my husband's Tracfone and Google account? Or is it just a brick?
RedTennies

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:12 am

Hi RedTennies. I'm TracFone Larry. Thank you for being a loyal customer over the years. Yes. You can give your old phone to your friend. We can remove that phone from your My Account, create a new My Account for your friend and register the phone. Google account registration can be changed or updated. If you have further questions or concerns, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.