new phone says its active on the site but no signal for call

new phone says its active on the site but no signal for call

Postby krm398 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:49 am

ok got a new phone and bought a T mobile sim off of tracphone, added it and the old at&t card from my old phone to make sure it works after you shut it off. now..my new phone sees both sims and oks them as usable but..neither one can make a call. no mobile service. went it and checked that both were listed as being used and when I start the phone it reads searching for new network but doesn't find any. need help, my old phone was shut off by you an not this one doesn't get any signal.and yes it was made for 2 sim cards, and one was being used until today.
krm398

Re: new phone says its active on the site but no signal for

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:28 pm

Hi krm398. This is Marie from TracFone Wireless. We're sorry for the trouble you've encountered while trying to activate your new phone. We can take a look into this and ensure that there's a resolution for you. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby krm398 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:40 pm

I'm sorry for losing patience here, I've been at this since 5am this morning. you cancelled my phone when you said the new one came online, but it hasn't. I have NO phone right now that works so text messages aren't going to get through.
krm398

Postby TracFone - Larry » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:46 am

Hi krm398. I'm TracFone Larry. Please accept my sincere apology. I am very sorry to learn that your experience with our service, was less than adequate. We would like to further investigate the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message.
TracFone - Larry

Postby krm398 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:52 pm

spent an hour or so with service activating the new sim card they sent me. say its OK now but even though the phone sees it and has 3g on top of the desktop screen, can't call anyone still. that's 3 sim cards in a week and a half, blaming the phone..new or not...asking for my money back, will keep the new sim card and see if I can use it later. my account page doesn't even list todays work, says the last time I worked on a phone was the 20th..lol everything is messed up now, might as well have bought a cheap junky one from you guys, not as nice a phone but less hassle.
krm398

Postby krm398 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 pm

hmm seems my message from this morning was deleted. oh well don't think I'll post here again, hopefully can find a phone that works here, or might be forced to move to another network. ty for trying to help, as hopeless as it was.
krm398

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:46 am

Hi krm398. My name is TracFone Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.