Triple minutes, new network requirement

Triple minutes, new network requirement

Postby tracfonebob » Tue May 21, 2019 6:51 pm

Like many here I am being forced to get a new phone because of the network changes. My current phone has triple minutes for life.

When I buy the replacement phone from you will the new phone also get triple minutes for life?
tracfonebob

Re: Triple minutes, new network requirement

Postby LindaCHU » Tue May 21, 2019 7:53 pm

tracfonebob wrote:Like many here I am being forced to get a new phone because of the network changes. My current phone has triple minutes for life.

When I buy the replacement phone from you will the new phone also get triple minutes for life?

I read that if you upgrade, the triple minutes will apply to the new phone, but that was not my experience. :roll:
LindaCHU

Postby tracfonebob » Tue May 21, 2019 8:58 pm

LindaCHU wrote:
tracfonebob wrote:Like many here I am being forced to get a new phone because of the network changes. My current phone has triple minutes for life.

I read that if you upgrade, the triple minutes will apply to the new phone, but that was not my experience. :roll:

I have read that as well, along with hearing of your experience. I am hoping for an official statement, especially since this is not a voluntary change.
tracfonebob

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed May 22, 2019 10:25 am

Hi tracfonebob. I'm TracFone Larry. All TracFone Smartphone releases will no longer have Triple Minute Plan benefits. Existing handsets will still have the same benefits including Auto-Refill plan. However, as an incentive to customers, all TracFone customers upgrade from a feature phone to Smartphone will get the Triple Minute benefit as a promotion for upgrading to a new Smartphone. Also, if customers currently have the Triple Minute on their Smartphone, it will be transferred to the new Smartphone. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby tracfonebob » Wed May 22, 2019 12:09 pm

TracFone - Larry wrote:Hi tracfonebob. I'm TracFone Larry. All TracFone Smartphone releases will no longer have Triple Minute Plan benefits. Existing handsets will still have the same benefits including Auto-Refill plan. However, as an incentive to customers, all TracFone customers upgrade from a feature phone to Smartphone will get the Triple Minute benefit as a promotion for upgrading to a new Smartphone. Also, if customers currently have the Triple Minute on their Smartphone, it will be transferred to the new Smartphone. Thank you.

I was hoping to hear that when I upgrade from my current smart phone to the new smart phone I could continue getting my triple minutes.

Also, I'd like to verify that when I do the upgrade, all my current minutes, data, texts and last day of service date will transfer in full as well.
tracfonebob

Postby LindaCHU » Wed May 22, 2019 12:47 pm

tracfonebob wrote:
TracFone - Larry wrote:Hi tracfonebob. I'm TracFone Larry. All TracFone Smartphone releases will no longer have Triple Minute Plan benefits. Existing handsets will still have the same benefits including Auto-Refill plan. However, as an incentive to customers, all TracFone customers upgrade from a feature phone to Smartphone will get the Triple Minute benefit as a promotion for upgrading to a new Smartphone. Also, if customers currently have the Triple Minute on their Smartphone, it will be transferred to the new Smartphone. Thank you.

I was hoping to hear that when I upgrade from my current smart phone to the new smart phone I could continue getting my triple minutes.

Also, I'd like to verify that when I do the upgrade, all my current minutes, data, texts and last day of service date will transfer in full as well.

As I stated earlier, doing the upgrade from a smartphone to a new smartphone, I did not retain my triple minutes feature. :shock: CSR was of no hope in getting it back. :mrgreen:
LindaCHU

Postby tracfonebob » Thu May 23, 2019 5:37 pm

LindaCHU wrote:
tracfonebob wrote:

As I stated earlier, doing the upgrade from a smartphone to a new smartphone, I did not retain my triple minutes feature. :shock: CSR was of no hope in getting it back. :mrgreen:

Was yours a voluntary upgrade, or were you forced to upgrade due to the network changes? That might be the difference, I hope for my sake.
tracfonebob

Postby tracfonebob » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:11 pm

LindaCHU wrote:
tracfonebob wrote:

UPDATE: I just added minutes to my new Tracfone, and I did get triple minutes. Perhaps, as as said in my previous reply, it's because of the forced upgrade. What ever the reason, I'm happy.
tracfonebob

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:47 am

Hi tracfonebob. I'm TracFone Larry. We are glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. If you should have questions or concerns, please let us know.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.