Voicemail Setup

Voicemail Setup

Postby theart » Mon May 20, 2019 1:43 pm

I am currently unable to setup voicemail with Tracfone. I have a new ulocked Sony Xperia E5 with a new Tracfone SIM. I am able to send/receive calls and texts.
- Holding down "1" brings up an error message that my voicemail number has not been configured.
- Android's Voicemail Settings confirms that the voicemail number is not set, but it's greyed out. I cannot set a voicemail number there.
- Calling my own phone number just gives a busy signal.
So far, I've spoken to three representatives on live chat and one on the phone along with one bot on the phone.
- It has been confirmed that I do have a voicemail account.
- My voicemail account has been reset.
- I've been given all sorts of code numbers to enter places that I cannot access.
- The bot said that it found some kind of issue and fixed it, but didn't say what.
- After each time I was told something was fixed, I re-booted the phone as instructed and retried the setup steps.
- The problem persists.

Is this a fixable problem, or do I need to find a new carrier?
theart

Re: Voicemail Setup

Postby TracFone - Larry » Tue May 21, 2019 8:32 am

Hi theart. I'm TracFone Larry. I noticed your post and I want to help you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby theart » Wed May 22, 2019 11:32 am

TracFone - Larry wrote:Hi theart. I'm TracFone Larry. I noticed your post and I want to help you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox.

Your message just directs me to the live chat that I've already tried three times. Perhaps my next carrier will be more helpful.
theart

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed May 22, 2019 11:59 am

Hi theart. I'm TracFone Larry. Sorry for the trouble. Please check your inbox for a message. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby theart » Wed May 29, 2019 9:20 am

I finally figured it out on my own. For some reason, the phone was telling me that mobile data was enabled but it wasn't actually configured. I didn't notice that data wasn't workinb, because I'm almost always on WiFi. After I found that out and configured mobile data, I was suddenly able to configure the voicemail using the normal procedure.

I don't know why there's some dependency between mobile data and voicemail.
theart

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu May 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi theart. This is Maria from Tracfone Wireless. I read your post and sorry that you're having problems with your mobile data and voicemail. For further assistance, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.