adds a minute (maybe only Alcatel T-Mobile)

adds a minute (maybe only Alcatel T-Mobile)

Postby Nick_Levinson » Sat May 04, 2019 3:10 pm

My Tracfone adds a second to a call, so one time in 60-61 it adds a minute to the call length, presumably charging accordingly.

I have an Alcatel TracFone phone that likely uses T-Mobile as the carrier. I buy TracFone airtime in blocks of minutes.

I found out when the display seemed suspicious and I experimented. If I want to disconnect a call and I see the seconds increment, if as soon as the time increments I disconnect, the increment has added a second (as it should) and then disconnecting adds another second (which it should not yet). So, if it incremented to 1 minute, disconnecting immediately turns 1 minute into 1 minute and 1 second (1:01), which would be charged for as 2 minutes.

I tried the experiment several times on different days. I have not tried it with my other active phone, which is a Samsung that likely uses AT&T as the carrier.

I don't have chat set up. Feel free to reply in this forum topic.
Nick_Levinson

Re: adds a minute (maybe only Alcatel T-Mobile)

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon May 27, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi Nick_Levinson. This is Marie from TracFone Maria. To further assist you with your concern, check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thanks.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.