No longer able to purchase an airtime service plan

No longer able to purchase an airtime service plan

Postby Spindrift » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:40 am

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum but not new to being a Tracfone customer. Anyways, to make a kind of a long story much shorter, I purchased an LG smartphone in early 2017 from Home Shopping Network (HSN) that came with a nice bundle for talk time (1 year of service), 1300 texts and 1.3 GB of data. Near the time service ended for the phone, it got misplaced in my house and was suddenly found this week. Charged it up and it works great, connecting to the internet via Wi-Fi, etc. Looks like brand new.

I figured it would be no problem at all to get the phone reactivated, and since it was one of the very last triple the minutes Tracfones that HSN had sold, all I wanted to do was purchase the 60 minutes airtime plan which would triple as would data and tetxs.

By the link to the screeshots posted below, this would not be the case, much to my dismay. I chatted online with two individuals from Tracfone. The second individual suggested that I call Customer Service when I had asked if perhaps there was a workaround the problem by just changing the phone number and was told yes.
The first individual told me, when I had asked if I lost all the remaining data and texts, I was told that is already gone.

https://imgur.com/a/dLQsEYG

I contacted Customer Service, and while the person was very helpful, I did have to be put on hold several times, and then after giving the individual my credit card info to purchase 60 minutes (tripled), I was given the same spiel, phone is no longer compatible, blah blah blah.

I've chatted about this with some others, who like me, are quite skeptical that this phone, as well as others out there, LG or different brands, that it truly can't be used any longer to talk on the Verizon Network that my LG Tracfone phone uses.

Could this be all just a scam, a scheme to get rid of ALL those triple the minutes-enabled Tracfones out there and/or just a shady way to get us/try to get us to purchase a new Tracfone whether we want to or not?
Spindrift

Re: No longer able to purchase an airtime service plan

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:30 am

Hi Spindrift. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.