My caller id shows the wrong name.

My caller id shows the wrong name.

Postby mike1971 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:11 pm

Just switched to a new number on tracfone and the wrong name is showing. Can I please have this fixed?
mike1971

Re: My caller id shows the wrong name.

Postby TracFone - Katie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:31 pm

Hi mike1971. I'm TracFone Katie. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Let us help you with your caller ID issue. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby mike1971 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:38 pm

All your pm had in it was a link to the chat, I have already tried that and they can't help me. It's the name that appears when I call land lines, it needs to be updated in the cnam database.
mike1971

Postby TracFone - Larry » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:05 am

Hi mike1971. I'm TracFone Larry. Sorry for the trouble. Kindly check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby mike1971 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:55 pm

Just wanted to say thank you, maybe we have the name updated just need to wait for it trickle down to other data bases.
mike1971

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi mike1971. My name is TracFone Maria. You're welcome. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are always here to help you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby kp204@yahoo.com » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:09 pm

TracFone - Larry wrote:Hi mike1971. I'm TracFone Larry. Sorry for the trouble. Kindly check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.

I just finished an online chat with Tracfone. It appears Tracfone is not interested in helping me get the CNAM database updated. It has been 6 months since I got the number from tracfone and my contacts still see "Justin Gonzales" when I call. That is not my name.
kp204@yahoo.com

Postby kenmtb@gmail.com » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:45 pm

Garbage. I went through the same useless nonsense. The rep says that you cant change an incorrect name associated with their phone number. Looks like you can if your switch to another company.
kenmtb@gmail.com

Postby Jude » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:23 am

Hi kenmtb@gmail.com. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby tantalus » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:15 am

mike1971 wrote:Just switched to a new number on tracfone and the wrong name is showing. Can I please have this fixed?

I too have this problem. My caller ID suddenly shows the wrong name with my number. When I initially got my phone several years ago, the same thing happened but they were able to correct it. Now, out of the blue, it's happening again. I've called Customer Service several times with no joy. This last call in, the Rep told me to have my contacts change my contact name - TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! The rep refused to give me a trouble ticket number and would not let me speak to the supervisor giving her this instruction. What the heck is gong on at Tracfone? Do I have to switch carriers to get my ID correctly displayed? Can someone help me Please?
tantalus

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.