Cannot transfer to new phone, minutes/data gone

Cannot transfer to new phone, minutes/data gone

Postby Storknest » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:01 pm

In the past few days I was given an unlocked Motorola phone that is compatible for transferring my SafeLink number and account to, I also got a Tracphone SIM package for the SIM card since there are no SafeLink packages. After some missteps, it appears the number transferred and I can text BUT I have no minutes or data.

I contacted Customer Service today and they contacted another Department (never said which one) that is supposed to have other records of my account. They claim I have no minutes or data time.

I can turn on my old Alcatel bar phone and the Home screen shows I have 997 minutes left.

I can log in to my Account from the SafeLink website and it says I have a Smartphone with 1000 minutes and 1GB data.

If I try to check my balance from this website:
https://ww2.tracfone.com/direct/Safelin ... NE&lang=en

using the last 4 digits of my Smartphone's IMEI number gives me this message:
The numbers you entered do not match the last 4 digits of the Serial Number associated with the phone number you entered. Notice: If you have a BYOP GSM you will have to enter the last 4 digits of your SIM card. Please check the numbers and try again.

using the last 4 digits of the SIM card in the Motorola phone just says Success but nothing else.

I am really upset about this. I asked to speak with someone in another department and was told I could not.
How do I resolve this problem?
This has not been as easy as I thought it would be.
Thank you.
Storknest

Re: Cannot transfer to new phone, minutes/data gone

Postby TracFone - Larry » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:36 am

Hi Storknest. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the trouble. Let us help you troubleshoot your phone. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby Storknest » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:00 pm

TY for the reply.

I cannot send a response back through the PM system since I am still too new to these forums so I have to put this here.

Is the link for the same Customer Service I called? I see no point contacting the same people I talked to yesterday since I would get the same response.

As for 611611, I have used that, USAGE shows I have no minutes or data when I should, it will ask for a PIN that I do not have and if I do what I did on my old bar phone trying to send 555 to 611611, it will simply give me a message with a link to a website that has instructions for the old bar phone but do not work on the SmartPhone.

I also need to talk to someone about the list of available networks I get in a list under Settings.
Storknest

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:29 am

Hi Storknest. I'm TracFone Larry. Sorry for the inconvenience. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby Storknest » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:45 pm

TY.

I contacted the number, I now have my minutes and data time.
I will keep that message for future if needed.

TY for your assistance.
Storknest

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.