Prior owned phone listed as current phone on “my account” ap

Prior owned phone listed as current phone on “my account” ap

Postby cathysue » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:33 pm

I bought a new phone (moto g6) and activated it on 12/15/18. I kept my number and data, texts and minutes transferred correctly. When I go into my account, it shows my phone as moto e, which was my prior phone. I chatted with a tf agent & he updated my account, but it still shows moto e as my phone. He then told me to uninstall the tf app and create a new account, but it still comes up as moto e. Btw-it does show the serial number of my prior phone (moto e) as inactive.
I want it to show my motog6 as my current phone. Does anyone know how I can correct this error?
cathysue

Re: Prior owned phone listed as current phone on “my account

Postby TracFone - Larry » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:46 am

Hi cathysue. My name is TracFone Larry. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby cathysue » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:49 pm

Thank you for your reply, but I already spent 45 minutes the other day in a chat with an agent and the problem
wasn't resolved. Since everything else on my account is correct, I'm wondering if I should just leave it as it is.
I don't want to keep wasting time if it doesn't really affect anything.
cathysue

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:16 am

Hi cathysue. My name is TracFone Larry. Sorry for the inconvenience. To further address your issue, please check your forum inbox for a message. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.