New phone not activating

New phone not activating

Postby glcjr » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:19 pm

My dad bought a new tracfone from your site to replace his current tracfone and tried to transfer his number and activate it on his account on Monday. It did not transfer or activate. After the page that says that it may take up to 2 days to transfer the number, the page that lists a summary of everything lists the phone number as 000-000-0000 and I’m wondering if that’s the problem. Its losing the phone number during the process.

I tried to activate it on my computer in different browsers and it did the same thing. I even tried to activate it directly on his new phone through the tracfone app. But again it gets to that page and the number listed is all 0s.

He is unable to register and post for help himself because the forum didn't offer a capicha to type and wouldn't let him register. So I figured I would post and see if I can get his phone activated for him.
glcjr

Re: New phone not activating

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:28 am

Hi glcjr. My name is TracFone Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby glcjr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:43 pm

Thanks Larry!

Just for everyone's benefit. My dad got on the chat that was linked in the pm to me and got his phone number transferred and the phone activated. The whole process with cs agent Layton took about 15-20 minutes and all is working perfectly.
glcjr

Postby TracFone - Larry » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi glcjr. I'm TracFone Larry. We are glad to hear that your issue was taken care of. If you should have questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby T-FAN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:47 am

Get free bonus minutes when you use Tracfone Promo Codes
T-FAN

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.