Add service time without adding airtime - possible??

Add service time without adding airtime - possible??

Postby sis65a » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi, I've been a tracfone user for years and love it. Nine months ago I bought a smart phone and transferred my number to the new phone -- I'd previously been using a flip phone -- I had a lot of airtime and service time on my phone and when I made the switch it didn't all carry over. I was on the phone with a tech for about two hours or more and in the end I lost about a third of my air time and my service date was cut in half. After much frustration I just accepted it as it was, happy that I didn't have to change my phone number.

At present I have accumulated loads of airtime, texts and data. However, my service date always seems like it is three months out, no matter what card I buy. I have heard people complain about not getting the right amount of minutes added to their phone, but my problem seems to be that if I am paying for 60 service days I am not getting credited for them.

Do they roll over like air time?? Say I have 1690 airtime minutes right now and my service date is May 9th. If I buy a card to add 60 more days of service and more air time I AM seeing my airtime increase but not my service days. In my example, if I were to add a card today my service date should extend out to July 9th, however, this is not always the case.

Last fall, right after purchasing the phone and dealing with the airtime and service date deficiency I began adding airtime (with service) to my phone about once a month sometimes twice. Sometimes 90 days, sometimes 120 depending upon my budget. By the beginning of this year I (foolishly) thought I'd had enough service time accumulated so as not to worry BUT my end service date was yesterday which makes no sense and of course could not come at a worse time as there has been a death in the family.

I have airtime coming out of my ears! I know it is on me to make sure that my service dates are what they ought to be. My question is, is there no way to add just service time with out having to add airtime and data etc.?
If not Tracfone should really consider it as I am sure I am not the one one in this situation.

Re: Add service time without adding airtime - possible??

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:10 am

Hi sis65a. My name is TracFone Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Re: Add service time without adding airtime - possible??

Postby LindaCHU » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:31 am

Purchase an airtime plan via the TracFone website.
Choose the lowest one, either the $10 basic or the $15 smartphone plan.
At the checkout screen, notice toward the bottom of the page.
It has add-on options.
One is a $49 365 service days only plan.
Add that to your purchase.
So for an estimated $59 or $64, you get about 13 months of service. :geek:

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.