Reactivating Old phone - Invalid Sim

Reactivating Old phone - Invalid Sim

Postby walktalkman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi. I am trying to reactivate my old phone. but it tells me "The SIM card information you provided is invalid. Please review the information and try again." What can I do to fix this?
walktalkman

Re: Reactivating Old phone - Invalid Sim

Postby TracFone - Katie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi walktalkman,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby Lymmee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:40 pm

[quote="walktalkman"] Hi like walktalkman, I am trying to reactivate my 2017 Alcatel Onetouch phone. but it tells me "The SIM card information you provided is invalid. Please review the information and try again." The service ended n it in April. What can I do to fix this?
Lymmee

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Hi Lymmee. My name is TracFone Larry. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby rscoop03 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:29 am

I am having the same problem. I am trying to reactivate my LG flip phone because my new LG Rebel smart phone won't activate even though the website says my minutes and service time have been switched to the new phone and they are gone from the old phone. But when I check the status of my new phone, none of the info- phone number, minutes, etc - is there. I called customer service because I got the Invalid SIM card message and after trying several things, the person I talked to is sending me a new SIM card. While I am waiting for it I decided to reactivate my old phone. I even bought a new 60 minutes card to enter into it so it would have some minutes, but I never got that far. I got the same Invalid SIM card message lots of other people have gotten, and have even tried entering the new minutes on my old phone but they just disappeared and the old phone screen still says Unregistered SIM. I checked the serial number of the old phone on your website, and it was entered correctly, but I am unable to reactivate my old phone. I am very frustrated and unhappy as right now I have 2 Tracfones and neither of them work.
rscoop03

Postby TracFone - Felice » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:59 am

Hi rscoop03. My name is TracFone Felice. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Felice

Postby bljt1945 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:00 pm

I'm haviong the same issue with my old lg440 tracfone, I went to reactivate it and only get the same The SIM card information you provided is invalid. Please review the information and try again, message, I've tried leaving the phone on for the last 24+ hours and still get same error when trying to activate.What can I do to fix this? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
bljt1945

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 am

Hi bljt1945. My name is TracFone Larry. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby dwarzel » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:55 pm

I also get this message when trying to activate a phone that's been out of service for over a year:

"The SIM card information you provided is invalid."
dwarzel

Postby TracFone - Larry » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Hi dwarzel. I'm TracFone Larry. I'm sorry to hear that you are having some problems. We will check the status of the SIM card. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.