Lost data, minutes, and texts after changing my number

Lost data, minutes, and texts after changing my number

Postby Anjubea » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi,

I recently transferred my number to a new carrier and got a new number for my TracFone. I was told I could do that and rollover all of my time on my smartphone to the new phone number. It appears there was some kind of problem in the transfer though and then my phone wouldn't work (it told me that I didn't have any money on my account even though there was plenty). They finally got my phone working again, but then, they wiped out most of my minutes. There seems to be no record of my actual account balance--only record of when money was added to my most recent phone (but apparently not when it was rolled over so they can't track my years' worth of rollover minutes - the phone was mostly for when I was out). I've spent several days on the phone an hour each time. Lost over 1 GB of data, 2700 minutes of talk, and 1200 in texts. They seem to think I made these numbers up - but what is more concerning that that is the complete lack of information they actually seem to have. I wish they had accurate records and could actually solve the problem. What a rip-off. I'm very disappointed with TracFone. We've been loyal customers for years, but maybe it's time to move on. Anyone else run into this problem?
Anjubea

Re: Lost data, minutes, and texts after changing my number

Postby TracFone - Katie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi Anjubea,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby tnewc » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:31 pm

I just had the same problem. Was able to see my wife's balance for a few seconds before the old phone deactivated. She had 4.6 GB of data and over 2200 minutes and over 2300 texts. Chatted with two people from tracfone and they both told me there was no balance. Not happy with tracfone!!
tnewc

Postby TracFone - Larry » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:04 am

Hi tnewc. I'm TracFone Larry. We are sorry for the trouble this has caused you. Let us help you fix your phone. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.