Ordering new phone address difficulty

Ordering new phone address difficulty

Postby rod03820 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:39 pm

I had a VERY frustrating experience today. I'm hoping I can find help here. Maybe Tracfone staff monitors this?

Tried to order a new phone online today.
Since a signature is REQUIRED for delivery, I have to have it delivered at work. (But I really wouldn't want it left at the door either, when I'm not home)
Here is the part that is hard to explain. My place of work is in a small town that uses the zipcode of the next town over which is a larger town. The way the shopping cart software here is set up, it checks the zipcode that I enter, and comes back as an error, saying my address is wrong. The program isn't smart enough to understand that some times a zipcode is for more than one town. It is rare that I have run into this, but there has always been a customer service person that was smart enough to figure out a way to fix it.

After the chat person wasn't able to help me, I thought that if I could speak to someone it would be different. The person on the phone assured me that they would get my order placed. So we go through the whole thing, and they also tell me that my address is incorrect. They have no clue how to override this. I ASSURE you that I have worked at the same place for 10 years and I KNOW THE ADDRESS.

So I hung up in frustration.

My screen is messed up and I can't see anything on it now. I was going to get it repaired but the repair is close to the cost of a brand new phone. Since Tracfone was incompetent in this case, I decided to just go ahead and fix it. Unfortunately the place I went only had an old scratched up one to replace it with. THey could order a new one, but that would be even more expensive.

So after 15 years, I guess Tracfone is losing not only a sale but a customer. This situation is unacceptable. I get why occasionally we do run into this situation once in a while (rarely), but to have NO way to get in touch with someone competent enough to help, is the unacceptable part. Because I have NOT entered anything incorrectly. I have had hundreds of things delivered to my place of work over the years.

So, I guess I'm trying one last thing to see if I can continue with tracfone.

I appreciate any help.
rod03820

Re: Ordering new phone address difficulty

Postby TracFone - Katie » Thu May 18, 2017 8:44 pm

Hi rod03820,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.