lack of support/delay in switching phones

lack of support/delay in switching phones

Postby jondrussell » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:14 pm

I have a sad story here as well.
1) We used tracfones before successfully, using LGL41C's, which are CDMA phones. We moved from Wisconsin to Arizona which effectively changed our zip code, but the phones continued to operate OK.
2) We decided to upgrade to a different phone for both of us, Moto G5S Plus's. These were different for us as these required SIM cards. My wife got T-Mobile compiant SIMMs and she activated her new phone first, effectively transferring her old phone number from our old zip code, 53045.
3) I then transferred mine and this went OK....for one day. Then, mysteriously, my phone lost connection with the carrier and I basically had an non-operative phone.
4) I called Tracfone support the next day and, after a lengthy discussion, the agent agreed to send me a new T-Mobile SIMM. After waiting a few days, the SIMM showed up. I was also instructed NOT to try the migration without their support.
5) I called today to get this done amd the whole process totally failed. After a circular discussion where I kept asking why my wife's phone worked and not mine, I finally got escalated to a supervisor. The same discussion ensued, but I think I finally got an answer. Apparently the migration process used my new zip code, 85755, and it appears that T-Mobile does not have towers in that area. So the reason my wife succeeded and I did not is that she used our old zip code. When I asked if they could switch the zip codes out to my old code in association with the SIMM card number in the migration process, I was told their tools would not allow this.
6) All right.... I then asked if I could get my old phone's access. I was told this could be done. The supervisor indicated that the process to do so had been inaugurated on his end and was told to wait for an hour or so before trying to use the old phone. So here I am now, about seven hours later and no active phone at all.

I am obviously going to have to go back at Tracfone again. I am told I have to buy a new SIMM for a carrier that is active in my zip code. I understand that, but this is a huge inconvenience as my old number from the CDMA phone is referenced in so many places as a contact number. What I am struggling to understand is wht Tracfone cannot route this issue to someone with enough database permissions to fix this issue of the SIMM card number/zip code association. I also don't get why activating my old phone seems so time consuming. I am hoping tomorrow morning will at least show my old phone active again, but I am pessimistic that will happen.

If someone from Tracfone is monitoring this, I sure could use some help. So far, the agents at the Help Desk have not helped me at all.......
jondrussell

Re: lack of support/delay in switching phones

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Hi jondrussell. My name is TracFone Larry. We’re sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby avon4ewe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:02 pm

I have spent 3 WEEKS trying to get my defective phone replaced. I have spent at least 10 HOURS on the phone with Tracfone customer service reps who have LIED to me. I did everything that they told me to. They now have my phone (I have delivery confirmation) and minutes that I don't have access to! Over & over I have spoken to so many TF reps & supervisors who just don't understand English and what I am trying to say to them. They all give me a different story and none of them are true. Their return label shipped my returned phone to them FedEx 2day Express. I have been told that my new phone will be shipped in 7-10 days via USPS when they receive the return, which they did. Why is it so iimortant that they get the defective phone back so quickly and the new phone is shipped to the customer in such a slow, time consuming way? Aren't we important? Tracking numbers that they give me DO NOT WORK even though they say it has been shipped. I am so DISAPPOINTED and FRUSTRATED by the way that Tracfone is treating me. I can't wait for the activation process if I do receive the phone. That will probably be a real mess too. Once this is all over and I have used up my minutes on the Tracfone if I ever receive it, I am SWITCHING to another carrier. This is not the first time that I have experiened this horrible customer service with Tracfone and it is UNACCEPTABLE treatment of a long term (20+ years) customer. If you are thinking of signing up with Trafone - DO NOT. Go somewhere else.
avon4ewe

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi avon4ewe. My name is TracFone Larry. We are sorry for the trouble. Let us help you with your concern. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby Annw51 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:22 am

I need answers!! I bought a tracfone from your site....this was in February 2018. It was a defective phone, I was told ro return it. I did and tracefone rec'd it on March 20th. Today is April I still haven't rec'd my new phone. I HAVE TO HAVE IT Due TO EMERGENCIES!! Please someone call me.....I have called numerous times and told it was being processed. I have texted with several people and told the same thing!

If I don't recive my phone I WANT a refund. You can look up my account and READ about my problems.
Annw51

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:53 am

Hi Annw51. My name is TracFone Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby Ascardino » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Me too!! I need help. The y said to
Ascardino

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:35 am

Hi Ascardino. My name is TracFone Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby T-FAN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:02 am

I would suggest you to add one of these Tracfone Promo Codes so you would get free minutes
T-FAN

Postby arodeth » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:53 am

Hello, I bought a new phone on Saturday and have been trying to transfer my current tracfone to this new one, and it just doesn't seem to be working. Thanks for your help!
arodeth

PreviousNext

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.