Unlocking sim?

Unlocking sim?

Postby nicholasalan126 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:04 am

I am using a Motorola w376g, I believe, and I'm having battery issues. I was going to put my Sim card in an older tracfone that I have until I either replace the battery or replace the phone, but when I put it in, it says that the sim is locked. I noticed that, on my moto w376g, there is a Sim app that has the option to unlock. So, I was just wondering if it was possible to use this to unlock my sim so that i can use it in my old tracfone.
nicholasalan126

Re: Unlocking sim?

Postby TracFone - Jasmin » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:20 am

Hi. My name is TracFone Jasmin. Sorry that you're having a problem. I'm going to try to help you now. If you inserted your sim card from one phone to another phone your phone will not work, because sim card is assigned to a specific phone. For battery and sim card issues you may call TracFone Customer Service at 1-800-867-7183 using a landline so that they can troubleshoot your phone. Have your phone handy with you. Thanks for your patience. I believe this resolves your issue. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
TracFone - Jasmin
TracFone - Jasmin

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.