How Long Before I Can't Re-Activate?

How Long Before I Can't Re-Activate?

Postby potential customer » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:57 pm

I want to transfer a phone number to a tracfone that I only use during the winter months. If I let the service end, how long do I have to re-activate it? For example, if I use a new tracfone from December 2020 to March 2021, can I stop paying completely from April 2021 through November 2021 and re-activate it in December 2021 with the same phone number?

Thank you in advance for answering my question
potential customer

Re: How Long Before I Can't Re-Activate?

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi potential customer. I'm Tracfone - Maria. Yes, you can stop paying and let your phone deactivated. However, we can't assure you that you will still have the same phone number. Once the phone has been deactivated with the phone number, there's a possibility that the phone number will no longer be available. For more questions, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby potential customer » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:59 pm

Thank you for replying. It seems that once a Tracfone is deactivated, there is a 60-day window to re-activate before the phone number is not available to be re-activated. That's not ideal for me, but if there's a "suggestion box" -- perhaps Tracfone could offer a convenient parking service for phone numbers? I'll have to look for parking services that might suit me better. Thank you for answering my question so promptly.
potential customer

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:28 pm

Hi potential customer. This is TracFone - Maria. You're welcome. We appreciate the opinion that you have expressed towards our technical procedure and overall service that might help us improve our products and services. Please know that we are continually working on improving and expanding our service. If you have any questions or need assistance in the future, you may always check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thanks.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.