sim card question

sim card question

Postby Rhonda S » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:50 pm

I recently purchased a Samsung galaxy j2 (SM-S26DL) from QVC. I needed a GSM phone, and on the
Q&A several TracFone reps said it was a GSM phone. When I activated it I was getting the msg not registered on network. So I chkd my sim card # (89148000005310594726) and discovered it used CDMA towers.
I also installed the app LTE discovery. It said I was using verison towers and it was a GSM device.
I was wondering if It's possible to change the sim to a GSM and if that would work. CDMA phones don't work well in my area.
Rhonda S

Re: sim card question

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:13 am

Hi Rhonda S. I'm TracFone Larry. I'm sorry for the trouble. Yes. Switching to a GSM carrier is possible. Kindly secure a BYOP SIM card of your preferred carrier/network to activate it. The carrier that you choose must also be available in your area for your phone to work. If you need further assistance, kindly refer to your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Re: sim card question

Postby Rhonda S » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:49 am

Thank you for the reply. I purchased my sim card. I was wondering since I am not switching phones, just sim cards. Will I be able to activate it online? Also I have a lot of days and min. I hope I get to keep them. Thank You
Rhonda S

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.