New SIM isn't getting a phone number and won't activate

New SIM isn't getting a phone number and won't activate

Postby isssw » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:36 pm

Hello,

I purchased a new Trafcone SIM pack and paid for a BYOP plan using the kit's Verizon SIM number. The tracfone site accepted my payment, but the SIM card doesn't activate. I've rebooted my phone multiple times, and the carrier shows up as "Tracfone", which is what I'm expecting.

When I go to make an outbound call, I get a Verizon message asking me to purchase a roaming plan.

When I go to the tracfone site, under activate->I'm bringing my own smartphone -> I enter in the SIM card number in the form, then I get an error "Error has occurred. Please contact customer care." So I cannot even get the SIM card to be recognized by the Tracfone site even though it already allowed me to use that same IMEI number to pay for a BYOD plan.

When I call customer support, I just get an automated message telling me to reboot my phone.

So now I've paid for a year plan on a SIM that I cannot use.

How do I proceed?

Thank you,
-Alan
isssw

Re: New SIM isn't getting a phone number and won't activate

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi isssw. This is Marie from TracFone Wireless. We're so sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered while trying to activate your phone. We can take a look into this and ensure that there's a resolution for you. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby envy270 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:42 am

Hi,

I am in a similar situation too. I got the new sim and not able to call or txt. Please help.
envy270

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi envy270. I'm TracFone Larry. I read your post and I want to help you. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.