TracFone LGL33L Question

TracFone LGL33L Question

Postby DeadSurvivor » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:11 pm

Phone Specs For The TracFone LGL33L Are Listed At https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-L33L-sunset-lte ... I Understand This Is An Older Model Smart Phone. It Is 4G LTE And Doesn't Include 5G Technology. I Received The Message That I Will Need To Upgrade My Smart Phone Though I Don't Really Use Data Much. Would My Phone Be Able To Make And Receive Calls / Texts For Some Time In The Upcoming Future (For Mainly Phone Calls) Or Will I Be Forced To Upgrade Due To Data Smart Phones?

My Guess Is Upgrade. My Question: Are All Current Phones Sold On The TracFone Website, Including Refurbished Phones, Set Up For This Technology (VoLTE) Change? This Way, I Avoid Having To Upgrade A Purchase I Make (If Needed).
DeadSurvivor

Re: TracFone LGL33L Question

Postby Jude » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:17 pm

Hi DeadSurvivor. My name is TracFone Jude. Every year, networks continue to evolve. Advances in technology have paved the way for new standards, like Voice Over LTE (VoLTE) which gives you an improved and faster call connection. Due to network changes some phones weren't built to be compatible and will lose service soon. Affected customers must upgrade their phones to keep their service. With an upgraded phone, you can now begin using the enhanced features of the new network, such as:

✔ Improved call quality
✔ Ability to talk and use data services at the same time
✔ Faster data connection speed
✔ Increases handset battery life.

We will need to check your account in order to provide you more details. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Return to LG