LG Rebel 4 ( android 8.1) WiFi tethering not working ?

LG Rebel 4 ( android 8.1) WiFi tethering not working ?

Postby abiggerdog » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:58 pm

WiFi tethering for my LG Rebel 4 (Android 8.1) isn't working

Is this because tracfone has disabled it ?

I had an online chat with tracfone technical support and the representative said that tracfone didn't allow tethering for this phone.

But the tracfone web page where I bought the phone indicates tethering is supported

the LG Rebel 4 is also hotspot compatible, allowing you to share your Internet connection at home or on the go.

https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tracf ... onditioned

In addition tracfone has instructions on how to set up tethering for their phones:

How do I turn my phone into a mobile Wi-Fi® hotspot?
To turn your phone into a Wi-Fi hotspot and allow your Wi-Fi enabled devices to connect to the internet using your mobile data connection, follow these steps:
Locate and tap the "Settings" icon.
NOTE: If Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone, you will need to disable it. To turn Wi-Fi OFF, slide the status bar down from the top of the Home screen. Then, tap the "Wi-Fi" icon.

If necessary, tap "Connections."

https://support.tracfone.com/faqs/1652271?device=24254

If tethering isn't supported for this phone, is it supported for any Android tracfones ? If so, how can I tell for which phones it is supported ?
abiggerdog

Re: LG Rebel 4 ( android 8.1) WiFi tethering not working ?

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi abiggerdog. I'm TracFone - Maria. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. For us to assist you with your concerns, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to LG