Can't access voicemail: says service not available

Can't access voicemail: says service not available

Postby Blue22 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:14 pm

I have had my LG 328BG Tracfone for well over a year with no problems until recently. I can not access my voicemail messages. Once I enter my password, there is a long pause and a recorded voice says "Service not available- Goodbye" and I am disconnected. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might resolve this issue? Thank you!
Blue22

Re: Can't access voicemail: says service not available

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:55 am

Hi Blue22. I'm TracFone Larry. I'm sorry that you're having some problems. From what you have described, it appears that the voicemail feature may not be properly provisioned in the system. We need to take a look at your account for proper troubleshooting. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby GabenJanice » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:30 pm

I'm having the same issue. It's been doing this off and on for me. Last week upon calling voicemail it started telling me service not available. I kept trying repeatedly and it finally went through but in middle of playing my messages it just stopped and ended my call. I called back and got the same message, service not available. I waited until I got home and it was working again. It worked fine for several days and tonight it started again. 4 attempts and got the same message. I'm seeing several people having the same issue so thinking it may be on tracfone's end.
GabenJanice

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi GabenJanice. I'm TracFone Maria. We're sorry for the trouble you have encountered with your voicemail. allow us to further check on it so we can have this issue resolved. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby hylandfiddler » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:26 pm

I'm also having this issue. I went through the chat help first, but they weren't able to solve the issue. They attempted to reset my password and then to reset my voicemail. I've turned my phone off and one numerous times. Chat help finally escalated my issue up to the phone helpline. The phone help tech did the same troubleshooting that chat help did with no positive results. She finally called AT&T (I have a Motorola phone) and said that AT&T had a known voicemail issue. She advised me to try again after 24 hours. I've waited several days and I'm still getting the "service not available" message after I input my voicemail password.
hylandfiddler

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:36 pm

Hi hylandfiddler. I'm TracFone Larry. I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your voicemail. We'll help you address your concern. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby GabenJanice » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:03 pm

Anybody get a fix yet? I called service and they weren't able to fix my issue. I let them know other people on forum are having same issue. It's got to be tracfone's issue and not ours. It's been 5 days for me and I have voicemails I can't check. Frustrating.
GabenJanice

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:31 am

Hi GabenJanice. I'm TracFone Larry. I sincerely apologize for the trouble this has caused you. This is not the kind of experience we want you to have. We'll review your account and further investigate what happened to your voicemail. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby netvet » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:49 pm

I changed my greeting a last month, everything was working great. Yesterday I tried to access voicemail and received a long silence then "service not available", since then I have been working with tech support both on the phone and also texting. From what I gather from text my pin code has been reset twice, using both new default pin codes and also my old one yields same results; "service not available". With phone conversations with tech support Patricia, after a series of actions between two phones at once I was told I needed to be transferred and put on hold. I waited for half an hour with no response. I have run out of options. Please help.
netvet

Postby TracFone - Larry » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:27 am

Hi netvet. I'm TracFone Larry. I read your post and I'm sorry that you're having issues with your voicemail. We will check if your phone is properly provisioned in the system. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Next

Return to LG