L33L - very low signal strength

L33L - very low signal strength

Postby gary cherpakov » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:49 pm

Only getting 2 bars on LG Sunset L33L. Area code 33437, not a remote area. Is this phone the issue? Is Tracfone signal just too weak here? Should I give it up?
gary cherpakov

Re: L33L - very low signal strength

Postby Jude » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:04 pm

Hi gary cherpakov. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize that you're getting low signal in your area. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby gnappi » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:44 pm

I don't know WHY the "Support" folks just cannot answer questions with some generic tips. Instaed of running us around with stupid suggestions to check your inbox.

1. Do all of the functions (text, voice and Data) work?

I found that the signal strength has little to do with overall communications if everything is working.

If OTOH one or more functions are working poorly or not at all.

What happens when you move outside of the building or area you see the low bars in?

I've been with Tracfone a VERY long time and have had stellar real world reception and function, and I've learned to disregard the signal strength bars, and no I am not a schill or TF employee.

Gary
gnappi

Postby lizatmangb » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:39 pm

gnappi wrote:I don't know WHY the "Support" folks just cannot answer questions with some generic tips. Instaed of running us around with stupid suggestions to check your inbox.

1. Do all of the functions (text, voice and Data) work?

I found that the signal strength has little to do with overall communications if everything is working.

If OTOH one or more functions are working poorly or not at all.

What happens when you move outside of the building or area you see the low bars in?

I've been with Tracfone a VERY long time and have had stellar real world reception and function, and I've learned to disregard the signal strength bars, and no I am not a schill or TF employee.

Gary

I'm brand new on this board, but I've also had a L33L Tracfone for several years And whenever I happen to look it nearly always says 2 bars. All the functions have worked [up until a few days ago, but that's another story]. I have another phone that I use for most calls, so I don't know about other people, but my son who lives in another state said that my voice is not clear when I'm on my cell phone. Don't know if it's the 2 bars or not.

I read a number of questions and replies before I just joined this forum, and I agree. I am already so tired of TF 'answers' to questions that consist of nothing but 'check your messages.' Does not speak well for TF in my opinion. Forums are for everyone to benefit from, all I have ever been on.
lizatmangb

Return to LG