Samsung E5

Samsung E5

Postby beebs1954 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:40 pm

I bought a new phone Samsung Galaxy S7 AT & T because I wanted to upgrade to a new phone. I don't like it and wanted to go back to my old phone Galaxy E5. I chatted with DA yesterday who said it would be transferred back to my old phone. I checked today and that did not happen. I then chatted with Kathleen who said my old phone will not be supported after Dec 31, 2020. She said if I switched back I might not be able to make phone calls. I want to know why this phone won't be supported anymore.
Thanks
Beebs
beebs1954

Re: Samsung E5

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:03 pm

Hi beebs1954. I'm TracFone Maria. We're sorry for the inconvenience we have caused you. Our carrier partners are making network changes in order to improve the overall service. These network changes will prevent your current non-VoLTE phone from working. In order to avoid a loss of service, you will need to upgrade to a VoLTE capable phone.

With an upgraded phone, you can now begin using the enhanced features of the new network, such as:
Faster call connection
Clearer, more natural sounding calls
Improved battery life
The ability to browse the internet, use data and GPS while on a call

For further assistance, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Samsung