Hello Verizon?!

Hello Verizon?!

Postby RangerKyleN » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:53 am

I purchased a new Tracfone Samsung J3 Orbit on 23 February. I activated it, but I can't place calls, send text messages or access 4G, so obviously something is up with the network. I've called customer support three times and got nowhere. I tried chatting with someone this morning who said that I'd have to talk to Network support, but that they don't have chat setup. I do not have an alternate phone number to the one I'm using for Tracfone. What happens when I try to place a regular call is the line picks up with something like "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Please hold while we transfer you to an outside operator to use a calling card, credit card or [unintelligible.]" Why should I pay additionally for a service I already pay for through Tracfone? What the actual?! The chat support operator said I was in good standing at Tracfone, so my service is still on there, but something happened on the way from my old ZTE smartphone to Samsung. I love it as a device, but I thought I bought a /phone/... Please help!
RangerKyleN

Re: Hello Verizon?!

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 am

Hi RangerKyleN. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. We will check if your phone is properly provisioned in the system. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611.
TracFone - Larry

Re: Hello Verizon?!

Postby tomseys » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:39 am

RangerKyleN wrote:What happens when I try to place a regular call is the line picks up with something like "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Please hold while we transfer you to an outside operator to use a calling card, credit card or [unintelligible.]

Sounds like the account transfer over to the J3 Orbit hasn't completed yet since that is the same phone message I have heard when that has been the case.
My Phones: Tracfone iPhone 6S, Tracfone iPhone SE and Tracfone Samsung J3 Luna Pro
tomseys

Return to Samsung