Cannot connect to Internet when away from home router

Cannot connect to Internet when away from home router

Postby jake9364 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:03 pm

OK, have a Samsung J7 with Tracfone as amy service. Have over 6mb of data, Went to aprk about 3-4 miles from home, tried turning wi-fi off and on but no matter what I tried (airplane mode off etc.) still cannot connect to the internet anyone...help...thanks
jake9364

Re: Cannot connect to Internet when away from home router

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi jake9364. My name is TracFone Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby tomseys » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:57 am

If you have WiFi turned off or you are out of range of it and you want to use the internet check that Mobile Data is set to "on" in the phone settings. This way you will be able to use the internet when you don't have access to WiFi. On my phone it is easy to turn Mobile Data on and off from the quick settings drop down menu but I don't think every phone has this Mobile Data option in the quick settings.

To find the Mobile data on/off switch, press the Apps icon on the home screen and look for the Settings app. I don't have the J7 but the setting to turn Mobile Data on/off might be located in Settings/Connections/Data Usage. I usually keep Mobile Data turned off unless I need it while outside then I turn it on. When I am at home I switch it back off since I use the WiFi at home and I like to save the data. I'm not a heavy smartphone user so this works for me.

I imagine you may have over 6GB of data since 6MB of data is very little.
My Phones: Tracfone iPhone 6S, Tracfone iPhone SE and Tracfone Samsung J3 Luna Pro
tomseys

Postby jake9364 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:21 am

Thanks Tomsey it worked, whatever we are paying you, it is not enough lol
jake9364

Postby tomseys » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:24 am

jake9364 wrote:Thanks Tomsey it worked, whatever we are paying you, it is not enough lol

Thank you, lol. Glad you got it working.
My Phones: Tracfone iPhone 6S, Tracfone iPhone SE and Tracfone Samsung J3 Luna Pro
tomseys

Return to Samsung