New Moto e not receiving SMS texts

New Moto e not receiving SMS texts

Postby desrosd » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:47 am

Bought a new Moto e with a 1 year plan and 1500 min/text/data from HSN to extend my contract. Successfully activated the phone via the tracfone.com site and kept my old phone number. The new min/text/data was added to my existing account. Have over 4,000 texts remaining.

Can make/receive phone calls fine and can send SMS texts, but can't receive any SMS texts. Have done the following:
1) Updated Messages app
2) Verified RCS was off on the old phone and is off on the new phone
3) Powered down, removed and reinserted the SIM card. Then powered the phone back on.

Help?
desrosd

Re: New Moto e not receiving SMS texts

Postby Jude » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:06 am

Hi desrosd. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby desrosd » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:46 am

Per Jude's message I contacted Tracfone via Chat. Hugo reset the network and settings. I powered off, waited one minute, and restarted - as requested. Phone is now receiving SMS texts. Thanks for the quick response.
desrosd

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:18 pm

Hi desrosd. I'm TracFone Maria. We're delighted to hear that your phone is now working. Should you need assistance, please let us know. We're always here to help. Have a great day.
TracFone - Maria

Postby misterchad » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:14 pm

same issue here. I can send messages, but not receive. what is the solution?

in message app settings, I am trying to adjust chat features. it wants me to verify my number. it seems to be hanging on trying to verify my number. tried on/off. tried Sim in/out. not sure what to do next.
misterchad

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:51 pm

Hi misterchad. I'm TracFone - Maria. We're sorry to hear that you're unable to receive text messages on your phone. Allow us to further check on it so we can have the issue resolved as soon as possible. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby Derp » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:11 pm

Am having same issue as original poster. New HSN phone replacing an older one.
Can not receive texts but can send texts. Can send and receive phone calls.
Derp

Postby Jude » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:42 pm

Hi Derp. My name is TracFone Jude. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Postby jinxypoo » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:25 am

I am having the same problem. New phone, calling works and can send texts, but can't receive. I have tried every fix I can find.
jinxypoo

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:48 am

Hi jinxypoo. I'm TracFone - Maria. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Next

Return to Motorola