Activating a card from abroad

Activating a card from abroad

Postby MarisGR » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:41 pm

I live in Europe and visit the U.S. every couple of years.

After a two-year absence, last June (2011) I requested a card to re-activate my card. It was sent to the U.S. address where I was staying. In the end, I did not use the card or my Tracfone during that visit.

I will be visiting the U.S. again, for three weeks, starting the last week of August, and my question is the following: Is the card which was sent last year still valid? I there any way that I can activate my phone while I am still in Europe, so that when I arrive, I already have a number to send to various famiy and friends, or do I have to wait to activate a new card once I arrive in the States?

I would greatly appreciate your help, as ideally, it would be a boon if I could attend to the paperwork and payment while I am still in Europe. In that way, I could start my U.S. visit in the best possible way.

Many thanks.

Sincerely,
MarisGR
MarisGR

Re: Activating a card from abroad

Postby Tracfone - Kyle » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi MarisGR. My name is TracFone Kyle. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Tracfone - Kyle

Postby MarisGR » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:02 am

Hello Kyle.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Please bear with me while I learn to navigate on this Forum.

I have two series of numbers to give you. The card itself I have in Holland at the moment, and I am in Italy. I will be returning to Holland in the middle of August and all my papers and the phone are there. Any further details will have to wait until I am there.

Here are the numbers, which hopefully will suffice for the moment:

xxxx

xxxx

Your help is most appreciated.

Maris
MarisGR

Postby Shelly » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:24 am

Hi, Maris. My name is TracFone Shelly and I will be addressing your question. I've checked the SIM card that we've sent you and it is still valid for activation. However, it can only be activated on the zip code where you used the phone before. It would be best to activate the phone once you have the SIM card inserted on the phone. You will need to activate the phone while you reach the US. I hope this answers your inquiry. Thank you.
TracFone - Shelly
Shelly

Postby MarisGR » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Helo TracFone Shelly,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Unfortunately, we recently heard that a close relative was in Intensive Care, and our plans to visit the U.S. in August have been cancelled. I imagine it will be another year before we can plan a trip to the U.S. Will the SIM card still be valid at that time?

I am not even sure whether I used my old home zip code (07410, my brother's zip code 07470, or the zip code of the store in which I bought the card). When I am in the U.S. I move around a great deal, which complicates matters. You can see why TracFone is of great importance to me.

In any event, I will definitely be using TracFone on my next trip and any information you can supply in the meantime, will be of huge help.

Very sincerely yours,
marisGR
MarisGR

Postby Jessica » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:27 am

Good day, MarisGR. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll continue addressing your concern. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
Jessica

Postby MeishuTamashii » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:59 am

Hello there! I have a similar problem I wish to solve: Did just buy a phone (iPhone 6s) in a Wallmart and its settings say that the simcard carrier is TFW.
I live in Italy and the device wasn't been unlocked there using the sim package's instructions.
I would like to do it here, but it seems to be the inexistent coverage of TFW here, so the on-line activation request cannot run!
Help me if you can!

L. G.
MeishuTamashii

Postby TracFone - Maria » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:24 pm

Hi MeishuTamashii. I'm TracFone Maria. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Yes, we will do our best to help you with your concern. To further assist, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

A printable detailed list of my messages

Postby BrianBedingfield » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:52 am

Where do I find a detailed printable list of my messages and my calls
BrianBedingfield

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:38 pm

Hi BrianBedingfield. I'm TracFone Maria. Please be informed that we do not provide the Call Detail Records on a regular basis; however, we will fulfill a customer’s request under special circumstances. We can provide your call detail records but not for text messages. For us to further assist you, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Motorola