Unlock Moto G6 XT1925DL Bootloader for Android Pie Update

Postby RedFoxGaming » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:19 pm

I am wondering if I can get the key to unlock my Motorola G6 XT1925DL's bootloader so then I can go ahead and flash the Android 9.0 update to my phone, since now it's almost May and there is no indication that TracFone is going to even push this update to the moto G6. And the phone is so locked down that the RETUS firmware won't even flash.
RedFoxGaming

Re: Unlock Moto G6 XT1925DL Bootloader for Android Pie Updat

Postby TracFone - Katie » Mon May 27, 2019 8:39 pm

Hi RedFoxGaming.
I'm TracFone Katie. We apologize if there is no updates available. TracFone does not support software updates on TracFone branded android phones as of the moment. Should you need assistance from us, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby mick45 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:02 pm

This is for Tracfone. I am pretty sure that Tracfone was aware that QVC and others were advertising that the Moto G6 had a planned upgrade to Android 9 Pie. I bought this phone because it would be upgraded. That info plus the info on the Motorola site even with a clarification implied that it would be upgraded to Pie. I just recently saw where it would not be if a Tracfone phone. Why would you allow vendors to sell the Tracfone Moto G6 with this upgrade note if you were not going to allow it? You cannot tell me Tracfone did not know what they were saying - it that is true, your marketing department is incompetent. So explain please what is Tracfone going to do to make this right?
mick45

Postby TracFone - Larry » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:58 am

Hi mick45. I'm TracFone Larry. I’m very sorry that you’re having issues with our service, and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. I understand what your are trying to say; however, we have no access to information as to which phone model will update and those that don't. Rest assured, I will forward your concern to the appropriate department to have this information available; It would also help us improve our operations and services. As of the moment, I would recommend that you take advantage of our Bring Your Own Phone program. If you should have further questions or concerns, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby Rick Franks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:29 pm

I am in the same boat as mick. I purchased THREE moto g6 tracfones (for myself and two teens) strictly on the premise that they would indeed update to 9.0 pie, AS THEY WERE ADVERTISED. Now almost eight months later and no update. Do you realize that this is a "bait and switch" tactic that is illegal in every state in the U.S.? Motorola has updates for these phones with EVERY OTHER CARRIER, so the logjam is with Tracfone. No blaming anyone else for this debacle. Do you really think we will pony up money for MORE brand new phones just to get the 9.0 pie update that was promised to us at Point of Sale? You will leave us all with no choice but to report your dishonest business practices to our respective state's Attorney General's Office, and if enough of us complain then Tracfone may be censured or possibly even fined or in extreme cases barred from doing business in those respective States until such time as the defrauded customers are made whole. If that doesn't work, I'm sure we could get MORE than enough signatures to go ahead with a class action suit...which could mean not only making good on the original promise of 9.0 pie, but hefty legal fees as well. The ball is in your court Tracfone, it only remains to be seen whether you will hit a home run and get tons of good press, or be vilified in the U.S. and other places with a game misconduct and removal from the market here. (Yes, I know I combined three different sports metaphors there).

You say to join the "bring your own phone" plan is an option, but how to do that if you have locked down the firmware so we can't use a non-limited bootloader to do so? Catch-22 there Tracfone.

#tracfonedishonesty #tracfonebaitandswitch #goingviral #plannedearlyobsolescence
Rick Franks

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Hi Rick Franks. This is TracFone Maria. We truly how understand how you feel. Please know that we always strive to provide you with the best customer care. We'd like to learn more about your specific situation and check other options to straighten this out. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby Rick Franks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Simple, the issue is Tracfone not pushing the update to 9.0 pie. It is not specific to just me, it is to anyone that has the G6 XT1925 phones. Address that general bug, and no one will have to waste any more time by calling and going through your voice menus just to get someone with a thick accent that can't be understood. I believe that there are enough people wanting an answer to this that addressing the complaint and proffering the solution here in the forum is warranted...are you going to finally give us the update that was promised, or will we get more double talk? Thank you for your timely response.
Rick Franks

Postby BeJimmiemon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:30 am

My friend sent over a few media files mp3 via bluetooth, and they were saved in the inbox.

For some reason, I cant seem to save my media files?

Help please?

Thank you
BeJimmiemon

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Hi BeJimmiemon. My name is TracFone Maria. We're sorry to hear about that. For us to further assist you, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Motorola